Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

How Are You Today?

Comments

• Morningly hopeful.

• @Hylian said:
    Angry.

I hate when people knowingly and purposely deadname me.

I'm sorry that happened. 😟

I'm excited.

I'm going to get my fresh cut Christmas tree later today.

• WizardryWizardry Citizen, Mentor

@blazingstar said:

@Wizardry said:
    Depressed
    For the reasons that people who are familiar with me will understand.

(((Wizardry)))
    I am glad you are here.

Thanks Blaze 🙂

@Isabella said:
    @Wizardry
    I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so low. If it helps any, I'm sending you virtual vibes and compassion.

Thanks Isabella 🙂

I hope you're feeling better as well.

• What does “deadname” mean?

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

@kraftiekortie said:
    What does “deadname” mean?

Birth name. It's a term trans people who have changed their name use. Being "deadnamed" means someone is using your birth name, which doesn't normally bother me but I don't like when it's done intentionally to mess with me.

• Thank you.

• Feeling glad it's friday

• I’ve fallen ill. 🙁 sore throat, no fever.

• => @blazingstar said:

I’ve fallen ill. 🙁 sore throat, no fever.

I hope you feel better soon, blaze, get some rest over the weekend. Hot tea with honey can't hurt either.

• Feel better, Blaze!

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Lonely.

@blazingstar said:

Ouch. Have you tried gargling with warm salt water? That always soothes my throat and makes it go away faster.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

@blazingstar said:

Did you get a chill on a walk recently?
    When the weather changes to cooler temperatures I sometimes get a sore throat.

Today I am glad its Friday and I'm feeling ready for a break 😊

• ^yes. Exactly.

• How are you feeling now, Blaze?

• A bit better now. Thanks everyone for your caring.

• There are a whole series of colder, rainy days coming my way! 😍
    How do you think I feel?! 👍☔🌧⛈😎

• Cat Stevens “Morning Has Broken.”

• ^ That’s the first song I remember hearing in my life.

I’m feeling eager.

I’m eager to put this year behind me, to relax, and to take a class in January.

• Big stonking headache.

• @Wolfram said:
    Big stonking headache.

Have you recovered? Sleep usually helps.

Are you plagued with headaches often?

• Better today. Several co-workers all came down with headaches all at once. Not sure what that was about. I do have periods of pretty bad headaches, but they usually fall victim to my massive pain threshold, which turns it from "I have a headache, I should take a pill, drink some water and rest." Into "I'm pissed and I don't know why!".

• @Wolfram said:
    Better today. Several co-workers all came down with headaches all at once. Not sure what that was about. I do have periods of pretty bad headaches, but they usually fall victim to my massive pain threshold, which turns it from "I have a headache, I should take a pill, drink some water and rest." Into "I'm pissed and I don't know why!".

Do you think there might be an environmental factor - chances are you don't have a gas leak but maybe something similar?

Or did y'all just go on a bender? 😉

"I'm pissed and I don't know why" describes very well my default level of emotional awareness.

• Sadly no benders, and not sure if any leakage occoured. Might just be a manifestation of stress.

I did the same thing when I had an unerupted impacted wisdom tooth; in a bad mood for three days straight then fell asleep in the middle of the day. When I woke up I just went "damn my jaw hurts."

• Pissed as in angry—or pissed as in drunk?

• In my case, as in angry, I usually remember how I got the other kind of pissed 😁

• @Bender said:
    In my case, as in angry, I usually remember how I got the other kind of pissed 😁

@Bender said:
    In my case, as in angry, I usually remember how I got the other kind of pissed 😁

Love the new avatar💙

• @Bender said:

Not remembering how you got the other kind of pissed seems like a bad sign.

Feeling pretty depressed again. I want it all to stop, but it's not going to stop. These major problems I have seem like they're going to follow me through the entirety of my life, and I'm not interested in living like this.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

@Wizardry said:
    Feeling pretty depressed again. I want it all to stop, but it's not going to stop. These major problems I have seem like they're going to follow me through the entirety of my life, and I'm not interested in living like this.

It sounds like you are having a tough time of it atm Wizardry, December isnt always a cheerful month.

What is it like at home?

edited December 2020

@Amity said:

@Wizardry said:

It sounds like you are having a tough time of it atm Wizardry, December isnt always a cheerful month.

What is it like at home?

The truth is that I've been having a hard time for a pretty long time, it's only getting worse as I'm getting older, and l find it unfathomable that things are going to improve in the way they need to in order for these problems to be solved, and for me to not have to deal with these feelings for the rest of my life.

My home life is fine. I could be misinterpreting, but I get the feeling you're asking about how I'm getting on with others at my home, but I moved out of my mum's place in July and have since lived alone.

Nothing that I'm feeling down about is new, with the exception of the progression of my male pattern hairloss. Otherwise, it's the same stuff I've been depressed about for years. It just never stops bothering me, and the older I get, the more it bothers me.

My autism seems to manifest in such a way that I'll repeatedly think about whatever is pertinent to me at the time, kinda like a stim I guess. When I have something to look forward to, that can be a good thing, but when bad things are happening or when nothing noteworthy is happening, I revert back to thinking about the problems I desperately want to be rid of, over and over again. I can't stop thinking about them until I'm distracted (for the duration of the distraction) or until they're solved, and they're never solved

Thanks for your support as always, Amity.