Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

How Are You Today?

Comments

• OliOli Citizen

Meh.

• meh meh meh meh ❤

• I'm holding steady. Not to be confused with a band from Minnesota called The Hold Steady which I don't really care for.

• Frostbitten

Because of cheese.

• I'm ok, but my blood sugar has been up and down today (I'm a type 1 diabetic on top of being autistic, go me!). Just tested and I was 381 -- yikes! Took 4 units of insulin and should come down soon. My sugars the previous few days were very good, so this was a bit of a disappointment. I can usually sense my highs and lows and thus correct them quickly, maintaining A1Cs under 7 the vast majority of my medical history.

• @Wizardry said:
    Depressed
    For the reasons that people who are familiar with me will understand.

Hope that your feeling has improved Wizardry.

• Sugar has been better today. Got a lot of house tasks done before husband's board gaming crew visits in an hour: did dishes, have the laundry going, cleaned cat litter box.

• I keep forgetting to include a word. I guess a word to describe all that would be: "accomplished."

• Make sure you are diligent with that Blood Sugar.

Like I can talk lol. I eat the worse fatty, red meat, potatoes, pasta, etc.

• Wizardry is a bright guy who will accomplish much in his life.

• Tir> @kraftiekortie said:

Make sure you are diligent with that Blood Sugar.

Like I can talk lol. I eat the worse fatty, red meat, potatoes, pasta, etc.

Me too, you have Russian roots like me if I recall correctly? Meat and potatoes every time for me, fatty meat, yummy.

• Meat is actually great for blood sugar because it is free of the carbohydrates which raise blood sugar :) I try to eat meats and leafy green veg often when sugar is stable because both are rich in vitamins while not having any carbs. When my sugar is low, apple juice is a good option.

Back to OT...still feeling accomplished. The gaming group just arrived, and I have all tasks done.

• @ting1984 said:
    Meat is actually great for blood sugar because it is free of the carbohydrates which raise blood sugar :) I try to eat meats and leafy green veg often when sugar is stable because both are rich in vitamins while not having any carbs. When my sugar is low, apple juice is a good option.

Back to OT...still feeling accomplished. The gaming group just arrived, and I have all tasks done.

That's what I eat ting, I also have diabetes. I don't indulge in potatoes often though I am an addict, especially mashed. Meat and leafy greens are really fine for me. I'll try the apple juice, thanks! I don't take insulin, I am on the pills.

• OliOli Citizen

Still meh. Woolly mammoths in the sky.

• Fat.

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Frustrated.

My parents both got arrested the night before Thanksgiving because of a fight they got into, and for three days I've been trying to answer my moms calls from the jail. She will not wait for it to even go through the recorded prompt so I can pay for the call before she just hangs up. I better not get yelled at later for not answering when I have been.

• @ting1984 said:
    I'm ok, but my blood sugar has been up and down today (I'm a type 1 diabetic on top of being autistic, go me!). Just tested and I was 381 -- yikes! Took 4 units of insulin and should come down soon. My sugars the previous few days were very good, so this was a bit of a disappointment. I can usually sense my highs and lows and thus correct them quickly, maintaining A1Cs under 7 the vast majority of my medical history.

@381, shouldn't you be dead? 💀
    Maybe you should check if you have a pulse. 🙃

I'm type II.
    Medication helps keep it down to around 5. 😎

How am I today?
    One word: Hay fever. OK, two. 🐨
    Need I say more? 🤧

• Destroyed.

Just like before.

• @Isabella said:
    Destroyed.

Just like before.

I'm donating a whole wagonload of my spoons to you!

• @Isabella said:
    Destroyed.

Just like before.

[comfort] 🌻

• SheldonSheldon Citizen
    edited November 2020

I'm winning with my hay fever, but still not totally over it.
    I had my first headache in a decade or more.
    2 tablets and it is gone. 💊💊🐨

Back to bed. 😴

• Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited November 2020

@Hylian said:
    Frustrated.

My parents both got arrested the night before Thanksgiving because of a fight they got into, and for three days I've been trying to answer my moms calls from the jail. She will not wait for it to even go through the recorded prompt so I can pay for the call before she just hangs up. I better not get yelled at later for not answering when I have been.

Hope this gets resolved soon Hylian and you will be able to renew contact with your mum.❤ When are they coming home?

• WizardryWizardry Citizen, Mentor

@Teach51 said:

@Wizardry said:
    Depressed

Hope that your feeling has improved Wizardry.

@kraftiekortie said:
    Wizardry is a bright guy who will accomplish much in his life.

Thank you both.

The good news is that I'm feeling better at the moment as I sometimes do on the weekends. The bad news is that it's unlikely to last.

• WizardryWizardry Citizen, Mentor

@Isabella said:
    Destroyed.

Just like before.

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, Isabella.

I hope things improve in whatever way they can.

• What happened, Isabella?

• @Wizardry said:
    Depressed

(((Wizardry)))
    I am glad you are here.

Back to OP: optimistic

I’m staying on track to finish the end of the month tasks with minimal anxiety.

• Excellent!

I feel lazy—but I have to get out there and do the 7 miles. If I stop, I would totally stop.

• @kraftiekortie said:
    Excellent!

I feel lazy—but I have to get out there and do the 7 miles. If I stop, I would totally stop.

You are a hero kraftie! It's cold for a run no? I was in NYC in December and my lungs froze.❄☃

• It’s about 2 Celsius. I’ll run in my sweats....

• kraftiekortiekraftiekortie Citizen
    edited November 2020

Blaze will succeed like she’s always succeeded.

Jerusalem gets freezing cold sometimes...Tel Aviv rarely does. Is today Fridge Day?