Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

How Are You Today?

Comments

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

@Teach51 said:
    Hylian how is your brother?

Him and his girlfriend's COVID test results thankfully came back negative. His girlfriend returned to work today and he's going to go to work tomorrow.

• sigh of relief

Thanks for letting us know.

• @Hylian said:

@Teach51 said:
    Hylian how is your brother?

Him and his girlfriend's COVID test results thankfully came back negative. His girlfriend returned to work today and he's going to go to work tomorrow.

Great news!

• How are you today, Bender?

• It could be worse 😉

Looking forward to the weekend.

How's stuff over there?

• Not bad. No complaints.

• I feel like I haven't accomplished anything yet today that's been productive.

• I didn’t do my usual run—but I walked pretty much. Burned over 1,000 calories less than at this time yesterday.

Frustrated

I'm pretty sure my brother had/has the flu now because I'm starting to get flu symptoms, which is actually terrifying because I can easily get pneumonia from it and I'm having trouble breathing that my inhalers won't provide relief from. But the flu shot is "bullshit" and "does nothing," they'll never get one. Thanks for the consideration, family members. 🙃

• @Hylian said:
    Frustrated

I'm pretty sure my brother had/has the flu now because I'm starting to get flu symptoms, which is actually terrifying because I can easily get pneumonia from it and I'm having trouble breathing that my inhalers won't provide relief from. But the flu shot is "bullshit" and "does nothing," they'll never get one. Thanks for the consideration, family members. 🙃

Try putting a few drops of Citronella oil or Eucalyptus oil in a large bowl of boiling water. Put a towel over your head and make a sort of tent. Inhale the steam. It prevents bronchitis and clears the airways. Twice a day. Never fails.

• TemTem Citizen

Feeling a lot better compared to Wednesday as my vertigo is less severe allowing me to do more.

Dreaded form, more like a magazine, finished and posted.

A challenging week but also a reminder that the combination of unlucky events do not last forever.😀

• WizardryWizardry Citizen, Mentor

Awful.

Went to the barber for a haircut and beard trim about 10 days ago and he took way more off my beard than I asked for and completely changed the style. It's going to take months to get back to where it was and honestly it makes me not even want to leave the house.

This on top of everything else I'm already struggling with lead to a mental breakdown on Friday and borderline-self-injurious behaviour, which is quite abnormal for me.

@Teach51 said:

@Hylian said:
    Frustrated

Try putting a few drops of Citronella oil or Eucalyptus oil in a large bowl of boiling water. Put a towel over your head and make a sort of tent. Inhale the steam. It prevents bronchitis and clears the airways. Twice a day. Never fails.

Thank you! I always get in a hot shower because of the steam, but the oil in the steam will probably help more.

• Not bad. Everything is ordinary.

• Things are much better now in a way.

• TemTem Citizen

I am feeling pretty good today despite lingering swirling.

• I feel lonely.
    I'm married and love my husband. But it's become platonic over the years. It's so confusing. 😐

• So far so good.

• Really exhausted, no particular reason.

• Physically and mentally exhausted.

Feeling like crap. Would be quite happy to die in a freak accident tbh

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

^I wouldnt feel happy at all if that did happen to you...

Feeling a bit blue myself, Christmas used to be a source of merriment and fun, but in the last decade it's become more of a mixed bag experience.
    I find myself missing more departed people each year.

• @Amity said:

Feeling a bit blue myself, Christmas used to be a source of merriment and fun, but in the last decade it's become more of a mixed bag experience.

I hear you, the end of the year is tough for me too and Christmas used to be the only holiday I actually enjoyed. These days, not so much.

Hugs and spoons to you, Wizardry and everyone else who needs them 🤗

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Sending 🤗 hugs and 🥄 spoons to Bender too.

• WolframWolfram Citizen
    edited December 2020

Not sure of the significance behind the spoons, but sending some as well. :)

• BenderBender Citizen
    edited December 2020

@Wolfram said:
    Not sure of the significance behind the spoons, but sending some as well. :)

It's basically resource management for people with limited resources

• Did not know . That is interesting, and disturbingly familiar...

• @Wolfram said:
    Did not know . That is interesting, and disturbingly familiar...

Yes, most people on the spectrum can relate. It helped me a lot with awareness, especially in regards to emotional resources and how I spend them. Acknowledging that my resources are limited sort of forced me to be more careful how I allocate them.

@Amity said:
    ^I wouldnt feel happy at all if that did happen to you...

I appreciate that you care, and I'm sorry that you're having a difficult time with the holiday season.

And thanks @Bender. I hope you, Amity and everyone else who's not doing so great are the recipients of a greater number of spoons than one could find in a soup kitchen.

I wouldn't say I'm feeling great, but I'd say I'm feeling somewhat better than I have been lately.

I think instead of ruminating about my problems and trying to zero in on just why I'm so bothered by them, my energy is better spent making a chronological list of things I can do to try and address them, and start working through that list.