Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

Gratitude: what are you thankful for today

Comments

• Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Amity said:
    Im grateful for doggie steroids, my wee lady has resumed her daily pattern of 'kill the squeaky ball' for hours, we wont be going on any walks for a while, but I dont care, its great to see her bright eyed and full of pluck... even if she is already showing signs of roid-rage...

Good news that she is alert now.☺

• Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    My man left Hi-tech after a major burnout and now works as a gardener  for Hi-tech companies. Today  he worked in the Microsoft garden. He texted me and asked if If wanted any herbs. I asked what do you have? He disappeared for 15 mins then returned with a comprehensive list of every herb and vegetable in the garden, then once more disappeared and returned with two more he had discovered  (aspie precision and loveliness). He brought me an abundance of freshly picked Mangold, Rosemary, Mint, Oregano (never seen it fresh before) and Aromatic Geranium which I planted in the garden. I am so pleased! I had such a free and lovely time with him, he never gives up on me and I give him such a hard time, I am so grateful for that.
  • BenderBender Citizen
    I envy him for that change of career 😝

That's so lovely, Teach, and the scent of fresh herbs always makes me happy, I usually keep pots of fresh basil, oregano, thyme (my favourite), parsley, green onions and green garlic (I really recommend this) and whatever takes my fancy at the time. They cheer up the kitchen and the smell cheers me up 😊
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    I love green garlic, I make my own cream cheese and add green garlic, or garlic greens is it? Looks like chives but smells and tastes of garlic.
  • Bender said:
    I'm grateful to blazingstar for starting this thread because not forgetting the good things in our lives is very important and a crucial aspect for people recovering from trauma.

I'm good enough at remembering such things, but I'm not always good at expressing my gratitude - I don't post here often, but since this thread started, it functioned as a great reminder to do this regularly IRL and people noticed ❤
    Learning to express and feel gratitude has been a life saver for me. A smile and a thank you goes a long way to make life more pleasant for all the people I come in contact with. 

Today I am grateful for an especially connecting call with my brother. He and I share the benefits of having at least a few years in a normal nuclear family. Pre-disintegration. Gradually, we are connecting more. 
  • BenderBender Citizen

Teach51 said:
    I love green garlic, I make my own cream cheese and add green garlic, or garlic greens is it? Looks like chives but smells and tastes of garlic.

Yes, garlic greens lol and they're amazing. Never met a native English speaker who knew about this ❤
  • Bender said:

Teach51 said:

Yes, garlic greens lol and they're amazing. Never met a native English speaker who knew about this ❤
    I do, although they’re sold as Garlic Chives here: have some in my garden 😁 lovely umbels of bright white star-shaped flowers 😁
  • Karamazov said:
    Bender said:

Teach51 said:

I do, although they’re sold as Garlic Chives here: have some in my garden 😁 lovely umbels of bright white star-shaped flowers 😁
    I've grown garlic chives, but was disappointed in the flavor. Garlic does not grow here, and I was thinking I would use the garlic chives instead. Mine were pretty flavorless. 
  • Karamazov said:
    Bender said:

Teach51 said:

I've grown garlic chives, but was disappointed in the flavor. Garlic does not grow here, and I was thinking I would use the garlic chives instead. Mine were pretty flavorless. 
    Must confess I haven’t tried ours yet! 😳 
    ooh, I can pick some tomorrow for salad at dinner time 😎

Did end up disappointed with the flavour of elephant garlic: bulb gets to about the size of a golf ball, but quite pallid on the tongue compared to normal size.
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    Amity said:
    Im grateful for doggie steroids, my wee lady has resumed her daily pattern of 'kill the squeaky ball' for hours, we wont be going on any walks for a while, but I dont care, its great to see her bright eyed and full of pluck... even if she is already showing signs of roid-rage...

I'm glad to hear that your dog is able to be playful again! I remember how excited I was when our dog was sick and medicine helped her act like her old self.

I am very grateful that veterinarians exist, and that there are people who care enough about animals to devote their lives to taking care of their ailments.
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    Hylian said:
    Amity said:

I'm glad to hear that your dog is able to be playful again! I remember how excited I was when our dog was sick and medicine helped her act like her old self.

I am very grateful that veterinarians exist, and that there are people who care enough about animals to devote their lives to taking care of their ailments.
    It makes my day to see her wagging tail in the morning, when I was in the depths of depression and burn out, she was the only one able to reach me.

Today Im grateful for the kindness of others and their flexibility.
    I love my cats a lot. I'm grateful that they're my pets.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    I am grateful that I laughed a lot yesterday and felt connected to my surroundings and not as if I am looking at the world as if there is a transparent barrier separating me from everyone else as I usually do.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Hylian said:

I was talking to my friend last night on the phone and she was opening a can of tuna for her cat, Milky, and the cat was so excited and meowing with great gusto, it was really cute. My friend's cat attacks her if  she sleeps in Milky's spot in the bed! 

• BenderBender Citizen
    Hylian said:
    How's your eye doing, Hylian?
    Bender said:
    Hylian said:
    It's doing better now, thank you for asking! My vision is pretty much normal now, too.
    Teach51 said:
    Hylian said:

I was talking to my friend last night on the phone and she was opening a can of tuna for her cat, Milky, and the cat was so excited and meowing with great gusto, it was really cute. My friend's cat attacks her if  she sleeps in Milky's spot in the bed! 

My cats meow super loud for treats and food, it is so cute. I love when cats yell-meow.

The younger one also has "arguments" with me where we meow back at each other... She usually wins. lol
  • BenderBender Citizen
    Hylian said:
    Bender said:
    Hylian said:
    It's doing better now, thank you for asking! My vision is pretty much normal now, too.
    Great!

Hylian said:
    Teach51 said:
    Hylian said:

My cats meow super loud for treats and food, it is so cute. I love when cats yell-meow.

The younger one also has "arguments" with me where we meow back at each other... She usually wins. lol
    Mine only yells at me when he's bored or the pooper is not up to his standards. 

Yesterday he picked and brought me the laser pointer to play with him, they always look so funny when they carry something in their mouths 😆
    I'm grateful for the rain. I don't have to water plants today. lol
  • I am grateful to be home again, after an overnight visit to a rather distant town to see clients. 
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    I am grateful to be home again, after an overnight visit to a rather distant town to see clients. 
    That's a wonderful feeling blaze! 
    I am soooo grateful for my air conditioner, wow it's hot today, tomorrow will be 5 degrees Celsius hotter  tomorrow.
    Is it my ADD or is there no degree little circle symbol on the comp keyboard?
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Damn bombs are flying again over here. Grateful for Iron Dome though it has missed some missiles today that fell near Jerusalem. 
  • I've been praying for you and others in the war zone. 

I am grateful for a new-to-us canoe we bought today. 
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited May 2021
    Congrats for Mr and Mrs Blaze's new canoe!
    Thank you for your prayers, difficult times over here.
  • BenderBender Citizen
    Teach51 said:
    Damn bombs are flying again over here. Grateful for Iron Dome though it has missed some missiles today that fell near Jerusalem. 
    🤗
    Teach51 said:
    I'm really sorry that you have to live through that. 😟 I can't do much, but I am sending some virtual hugs your way. 🤗
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Hylian said:
    Teach51 said:
    I'm really sorry that you have to live through that. 😟 I can't do much, but I am sending some virtual hugs your way. 🤗
    Thank you. My town is being heavily bombed just now, the whole central  area but I am ok. Praying for unity and peace.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited May 2021
    I am so grateful for my mobile phone and internet connection and computer during the bombings, being able to keep in touch with friends and ensure that they are safe.  I am grateful to be able to continue my voluntary work to keep my mind off things. we are expecting a barrage of bombs in 5min time (21:00 IST) so fingers crossed.🙂
    21:35 so far so good.............🙏
  • magpiemagpie Citizen
    Teach51 said:
    I am so grateful for my mobile phone and internet connection and computer during the bombings, being able to keep in touch with friends and ensure that they are safe.  I am grateful to be able to continue my voluntary work to keep my mind off things. we are expecting a barrage of bombs in 5min time (21:00 IST) so fingers crossed.🙂
    Are you all right?

• Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited May 2021
    magpie said:
    Teach51 said:
    Are you all right?

Yes,  No attack at 21:00 thank goodness. I cried a little yesterday when the bombs started, they were so loud and I have had a lot to deal with lately but I soon started chatting with my neighbour and she gave me water. I have a bag packed with money, a thermos of coffee and a bottle of water, cashew nuts??? spare phone battery, emergency light and some disposable cups for the neighbours to drink from. I slept through the air raid last night at 03:00am(I stupidly took a sleeping pill)  I mean, am I an idiot or what????? My neighbour couldn't wake me up either by phone or pounding on the door but I eventually woke up absolutely whacky and disoriented. LOL. When it was all over of course. We will see what will happen tonight, no sleeping pill and I have coffee and cashew nuts ready. Bombing Jerusalem and the Tel Aviv area is the serious crossing of  a pre-agreed red line so the reprisal has been severe, I don't know if it will happen again. It is a catch 22 for both sides and no solution in sight.