Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

Gratitude: what are you thankful for today

Comments

• I am grateful for one of my most powerful teachers, a Friend. I learned this morning he passed away last Friday from covid, while in the hospital for an unrelated condition.  There are not words enough to describe how he nurtured me through life's challenges. I am grateful for his compassion, his understanding, his support and his unselfish love which changed my life. 
  • My sympathies Blaze❤
  • BenderBender Citizen
    I am grateful for one of my most powerful teachers, a Friend. I learned this morning he passed away last Friday from covid, while in the hospital for an unrelated condition.  There are not words enough to describe how he nurtured me through life's challenges. I am grateful for his compassion, his understanding, his support and his unselfish love which changed my life. 
    I'm very sorry for your loss, blaze, and I'm glad you had this Friend in your life.
  • Today, I am very grateful, even joyous, because this month I will get to see my clients again, They do so much for me. I will wear a disposable gown, so I can give hugs all around. 

(There is a lot of grief too, of course. Last Friday I was barely able to function. Feeling better today. I am sure the grieving will come and go and be processed over time. Have a very supportive and insightful partner to work through some of these things.)
  • Fidget toys 
  • Native green anole
  • Tea
  • Peanut butter
  • Mail service 
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    Birds
  • Good, faithful friends who are helping  me through these difficult times when I do not know how to ask for help myself. 

• Online friends 
  • piebald doe in the woods
  • piebald doe in the woods

Magnificent blaze!
  • Healthy snacks 
    Sunlight
  • roseate spoonbill in a field.
    The basil seeds I planted have sprouted finally. 😊
  • My postcard collection 
  • A temporary, but welcome, relief of pain from a distant but deep betrayal. 
  • Hylian said:
    Well done! I just sowed some Nasturtium seeds but I think that I was too late for them to sprout. It's already hot here.
    Teach51 said:
    Hylian said:
    Well done! I just sowed some Nasturtium seeds but I think that I was too late for them to sprout. It's already hot here.
    Thank you! I planted those and some other seeds in pots that are on my windowsill. I was worried they wouldn't sprout because it's already getting hot here, too, and they all said to plant near early spring.

I really hope your Nasturtium seeds sprout, those plants are very pretty.
  • BenderBender Citizen
    Hylian said:
    Teach51 said:
    Hylian said:
    Thank you! I planted those and some other seeds in pots that are on my windowsill. I was worried they wouldn't sprout because it's already getting hot here, too, and they all said to plant near early spring.

I often plant herbs in pots, they're usually doing very well, even in winter.
    Bender said:
    Hylian said:
    Teach51 said:
    Hylian said:

I often plant herbs in pots, they're usually doing very well, even in winter.
    The catnip and cilantro I planted have also started growing, so it seems that so far the plants are going to be fine inside. 😊

All that is left to germinate is the lavender... lol
  • I an grateful so many are growing plants. Gardening grounds me. :-)
  • I'm grateful others grow plants, I don't really like gardening but am grateful for the vegetables I eat and the pretty flowers I see around town.  
  • I'm grateful others grow plants, I don't really like gardening but am grateful for the vegetables I eat and the pretty flowers I see around town.  

I agree. Flowers and plants bring me so much joy. My local coffee shop (5 min walk from my home) has magnificent planters and window boxes with  Minature Pansies and Blue Lobelia and Snapdragons and every time I walk past my mood changes for the better. My Hibiscus is flowering and my magenta French Geraniums so my garden is waking up after the winter Cyclamens. Thank God for flowers!
  • Another deep another deep rain today, during our dry season. 
    Another deep another deep rain today, during our dry season. 
    I'm really glad you got some rain, Blaze!

Normally it rains a lot during spring where I live, but it's been oddly dry and hot this year. I'm hoping we can also get some good rain soon.
  • The yummy glazed walnuts I had today