Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

Gratitude: what are you thankful for today

Comments

• Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Where do you live Hylian? It is hotter where you are than the Middle East! 
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    Teach51 said:
    Washington in the U.S.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Hylian said:
    Teach51 said:
    Washington in the U.S.
    33 C in Tel Aviv so you beat us with the heat! How is your dog getting on with the cats and the rabbit?
    I'm genuinely surprised that it's hotter here. I am really not looking forward to the climate changing more. :(

Also, our dog is doing okay with them! Me and my mom have been joking lately that him and our Maine coon are husband and wife, because when she goes in heat she stops avoiding him and is absolutely smitten (which he adores because he gets to cuddle with her). When she's not in heat she is very annoyed at him and doesn't want to be around him, so we ask him what he did to make his wife cross with him. lol
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Hylian said:
    I'm genuinely surprised that it's hotter here. I am really not looking forward to the climate changing more. :(

Also, our dog is doing okay with them! Me and my mom have been joking lately that him and our Maine coon are husband and wife, because when she goes in heat she stops avoiding him and is absolutely smitten (which he adores because he gets to cuddle with her). When she's not in heat she is very annoyed at him and doesn't want to be around him, so we ask him what he did to make his wife cross with him. lol
    Lol that's really sweet.☺The climate is really going nuts.
    Getting to feed Malo hay tips. He always takes them so gently and it's cute.
  • I ate two Maha Chinook mangos today and they were so, so, so, good. 
    I ate two Maha Chinook mangos today and they were so, so, so, good. 
    I haven't heard of those before. They look interesting, especially their shape.
  • There are hundreds of varieties of mangos. They all taste different, sort of the way different varieties of apples taste different. 99% taste great, but some are better than others.

I am grateful for all my mango trees.
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    edited July 2021
    Im feeling gratitude for being born here and my life at this point in time.
    Also that I got my vaccine, at long last I can see an end in sight to some of the crazy lengths Ive been going to.

Amity said:
    Also that I got my vaccine, at long last I can see an end in sight to some of the crazy lengths Ive been going to.

I'm glad that you were able to get your vaccine! Is/was your arm particularly sore afterwards?
    There are hundreds of varieties of mangos. They all taste different, sort of the way different varieties of apples taste different. 99% taste great, but some are better than others.

I am grateful for all my mango trees.
    Oh, I didn't realize there were so many! That's very cool.

Are they hard to grow were you live? I'm assuming not, or else you probably wouldn't have so many of them. lol
    edited July 2021
    Also that I
    Hylian said:
    Amity said:

I'm glad that you were able to get your vaccine! Is/was your arm particularly sore afterwards?
    It wasnt immediately, but within 5 hours it was sore, like someone punched me in the arm! Ive been sleepy, headachey and out of sorts, but its easing now thankfully, small problems to deal with!
    Id love some fresh mangos
    Amity said:
    Also that I
    Hylian said:
    Amity said:

It wasnt immediately, but within 5 hours it was sore, like someone punched me in the arm! Ive been sleepy, headachey and out of sorts, but its easing now thankfully, small problems to deal with!
    I had a similar thing. The first one my arm got sore a few hours after and that lasted a couple days, and with my second one my arm was sore around the same time + I got a headache the next day. My headache went away the next day though and the day after my arm was fine. It's very good that your symptoms are easing and that they were relatively minor!
  • Amity, I am grateful you got your vaccine and the side effects were not unbearable. 

Hylian, I am very grateful for my mangos.  A ripe, perfect mango to me is sensuous and spiritual. Van Gogh did some wonderful paintings with a woman and a mango. 

The varieties I have are:
    Carrie
    Pickering
    Angie
    Jean Ellen
    Maha Chinook
    Kent 
    Carrie seedling, now producing fruit. 
    Four or five other seedlings that I don't know how they will turn ou. 

• I have the opportunity to see close up hummingbirds feeding on my bromeliads. 
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    edited July 2021
    Amity, I am grateful you got your vaccine and the side effects were not unbearable. 

Hylian, I am very grateful for my mangos.  A ripe, perfect mango to me is sensuous and spiritual. Van Gogh did some wonderful paintings with a woman and a mango. 

The varieties I have are:
    Carrie
    Pickering
    Angie
    Jean Ellen
    Maha Chinook
    Kent 
    Carrie seedling, now producing fruit. 
    Four or five other seedlings that I don't know how they will turn ou. 

Gauguin?

Favourite  mango Bombay followed by St Julie.
  • Of course Gauguin. I’m always getting those two names mixed up. 
    I'm thankful for our dog always being very affectionate with me. I like when he lays on my lap to calm me. He's a big, lovey puppy.
  • The female hummingbird who feeds at the bromeliad flowers right outside my front porch screen has noticed me sitting there and decided to go ahead and feed at the flowers in spite of my presence. 
  • A barred owl swooped onto a branch near a window in my office.
  • Magnificent. 🦉
  • Orchids. The water spider orchid has a new shoot blooming.
  • Mangos continue producing.
  • Yummy. Mangos are 7$ a kilo over here. The trees are magnificent also.
  • Teach51 said:
    I'm grateful for red velvet coffee, so good!
    Is that a brand or type of coffee Butterfly? I am curious, I loooove all coffee though my brand is Taster's Choice Barista.
    Sorry for the late reply!  It's the coffee flavor.
    My friend. He's talked to me since 2017/2018 and I'm always grateful that he still likes chatting with me, even if we don't do it as often anymore.
  • I was told today that I am cancer free and need no follow ups and that is awesome.
    Teach51 said:
    I was told today that I am cancer free and need no follow ups and that is awesome.
    Congrats, Teach! I'm so happy for you. :D