Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

Gratitude: what are you thankful for today

Comments

• magpiemagpie Citizen
    I'm so grateful Teach is safe! 💞
  • TemTem Citizen
    Pleased you are ok Teach and Bender. You have been in my thoughts.
    I am grateful for my bed tonight. Yawn.
  • BenderBender Citizen
    Tem said:
    Pleased you are ok Teach and Bender. You have been in my thoughts.
    I am grateful for my bed tonight. Yawn.
    Thank you, Tem, I hope you and your mother are also doing well 🙂

I'm grateful to have this place and people who care. 
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    Today I am grateful for resilience.

• Nighthawks calling at dusk. 
  • I'm grateful I've been finding resources that are helpful!
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    I'm grateful for bumble bees. They're cute.
  • Hylian said:
    Cute indeed, and important pollinators too!

I'm grateful for butterflies!
  • Hummingbirds! One studied me today.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Lol grateful for the magic of blaze's environment and her love of nature, I so love to lose myself in imagining where she lives, I can almost smell the pond and flowers and hear the birds.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Hylian said:
    They are beautiful but scare me a bit. There is nothing I love more than a garden with hummingbirds and butterflies and ladybirds, foxgloves and gladioli and snapdragons. 
  • This morning, while sitting in Meeting, tucked into a small mango tree in the shade, I heard, then felt, the rush and feathery brushing of wings on the back of my neck. 
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    This morning, while sitting in Meeting, tucked into a small mango tree in the shade, I heard, then felt, the rush and feathery brushing of wings on the back of my neck. 

@blaze
    How often do you have your spiritual meetings? I have several a day but virtually. I can imagine you in the peaceful shade of the Mango tree. Stay healthy.

• Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Had a cup of Taster's choice Barista coffee with cream at 04:00am while listening to my kabbalah lesson, it is difficult to sleep because I can miss a siren so I doze during the day.
    The coffee has a glorious taste and aroma and it was heavenly. ☕
  • Teach51 said:
    This morning, while sitting in Meeting, tucked into a small mango tree in the shade, I heard, then felt, the rush and feathery brushing of wings on the back of my neck. 

@blaze
    How often do you have your spiritual meetings? I have several a day but virtually. I can imagine you in the peaceful shade of the Mango tree. Stay healthy.

Currently, I am attending virtual meetings daily. Quakers practice communal mysticism and believe there is that of God in every person. I can pray on my own; the possible depths of connection happen when more people are participating. I wasn't sure if Zoom meetings would work; I have found they work better for me. 

By connecting with people all over the world and being exposed to the wisdom of Quakers practicing seriously has been extremely beneficial to my practice. 

Quakers have as a goal to have each moment throughout the day guided by spirit. 

I believe that all over the world, Quakers are praying for peace in the middle east. 

I am grateful for the connection and wisdom of all people. 
  • I'm grateful for sunny days!
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Upgraded my internet to 100 mega from 40 mega, now I have a more stable connection.😀
    Grateful that my internet provider kept to the scheduled date despite the war and the technician came on time.
  • I got my piano tuned!
  • I'm grateful my crisis intervention services aren't ending yet.
    Today Im grateful for the times I can stay truly in the moment and thankful that a past me persevered and developed these habits.
  • BenderBender Citizen
    Amity said:
    Today Im grateful for the times I can stay truly in the moment and thankful that a past me persevered and developed these habits.
    It's a difficult and wonderful art. I've been taking baby steps in this direction too for a while now. Some of our exchanges helped and inspired me to persevere, and I'm grateful for it 🙂
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    My neighbour brought me flowers for helping her out during the bomb attacks, she broke a bottle at the entrance to the air raid shelter, and I cleaned it up. It is nice to get flowers.🌹
  • I am grateful for the cease-fire. 
  • Yes, the ceasefire is very good news.

Very cold wind today, which has made me grateful that I get to live indoors with a functioning heating system! 
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Karamazov said:
    Yes, the ceasefire is very good news.

Very cold wind today, which has made me grateful that I get to live indoors with a functioning heating system! 

Central heating and air conditioners are definitely not to be taken for granted. 😁

• I'm grateful for red velvet coffee, so good!
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    I am eternally grateful for my dear dear friend Statest who mailed me every morning and every night, plus several times in between during this latest bomb attack in my country. His messages concerning my safety and sharing a little of his own news was a welcome distraction and helped to keep me grounded. Love you Statest.♥
    I am grateful for the support of all the friends here, The thread that was begun where I could let off steam, I am lost for words to convey how much it aided me in keeping sane. Thank you all.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    I'm grateful for red velvet coffee, so good!
    Is that a brand or type of coffee Butterfly? I am curious, I loooove all coffee though my brand is Taster's Choice Barista.
    Today I feel gratitude that I have the ability to help those I love
  • I'm grateful for the love and support of my stepdaughter.