Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

Gratitude: what are you thankful for today

Comments

• Thank you so much Hylian , I am still in shock from the good news. No emojis here so.....       :-)
  • Teach51 said:
    I was told today that I am cancer free and need no follow ups and that is awesome.
    Excellent news! I am so happy for you and grateful for your successful treatment!
  • I am grateful for Hylian, had so much fun playing games with Hylian yesterday and this morning. Big hug for Hylian for resurrecting the games!
  • Teach51 said:
    I was told today that I am cancer free and need no follow ups and that is awesome.
    This is such great news! 🎆 
    🤗
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited August 2021
    https://youtu.be/prnbF8Eagdg

I feel so free, It's been such a difficult year for us all, so very much to deal with, but here we are. I am grateful for the very wonderful people here on this forum, we can deal with anything together.❤
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    Hugs to Teach! ❤

I also feel grateful for this forum, and honestly for forums for autistic people in general. I don't think I'd be doing as well as I am socially and emotionally without them. Due to them I've been able to meet a lot of cool, kind, and understanding people, including everyone here. :D
  • This morning I could hear a green heron clucking and then it flew up in front of me (I was in the screened porch) and perched on a bamboo stem. Sat there a bit and took off again. I am grateful for the birds. 
    This morning I could hear a green heron clucking and then it flew up in front of me (I was in the screened porch) and perched on a bamboo stem. Sat there a bit and took off again. I am grateful for the birds. 
    I love hearing about all of the birds in your area. Green herons are so cool!
  • This morning I could hear a green heron clucking and then it flew up in front of me (I was in the screened porch) and perched on a bamboo stem. Sat there a bit and took off again. I am grateful for the birds. 

I love hearing about your wonderful environment also. Wishing you good health.

• I'm thankful that today is my 20th day of sobriety.
  • I feel good. Haven't had any heart palpitations in ages. 
    ^ I'm glad for both of you! :)
  • ^ Wow, what a great day!

Congratulations on the sobriety !!

And getting rid of heart palpitations is also good.

I am grateful there is so much goodness in this day!
    Malo licked my arm while I was cleaning his enclosure up a bit. :') I'm thankful that he likes me putting my hands in his space, since he could choose to nip me at any time.
  • I found some wild guavas today, red, ripe and tasty.
  • Steve1963 said:
    I'm thankful that today is my 20th day of sobriety.
    That's a very big milestone, Well done! One day at a time.❤
  • I am drinking my morning coffee and enjoying reading about Malo and blazes' guavas. Our guavas are pale green/yellow. Red guavas? I would love to try them.

I am grateful for feeling less fragmented and the sense of self-acceptance that is slowly forming. 
  • Teach51 said:
    Steve1963 said:
    I'm thankful that today is my 20th day of sobriety.
    That's a very big milestone, Well done! One day at a time.❤
    Thank you. Day 26. I'm not going to drink today!
  • I am slowly coming out of the fragmented state I have been in. I seem to be less reactive and more assertive. I have fleeting moments of being very happy in my own company and  a lot of laughing out loud. My therapist has stood by me as much as if he were my  own devoted son. My own son is not really around much.  I remind myself to search for the little sparks of light within the hardships of life. There are many if I remember to look for them.
  • My son left for University and I couldn't be there 😔. Not only he didn't get upset about it, but he actually came here to stay with me for a few days.

I'm so grateful for my wife and kids.
  • Peace and quiet in my neck of the woods. 
    Bender said:
    My son left for University and I couldn't be there 😔. Not only he didn't get upset about it, but he actually came here to stay with me for a few days.

It's very sweet that he came to stay with you for a bit! Your kids sound very well-adjusted.
  • Thank you Hylian, we're very close and this is another thing I'm grateful for :)
  • Bender said:
    My son left for University and I couldn't be there 😔. Not only he didn't get upset about it, but he actually came here to stay with me for a few days.

Good stuff Bender. Hope your son has a wonderful year and you get back home to your family soon.❤

• Teach51 said:
    Bender said:

Good stuff Bender. Hope your son has a wonderful year and you get back home to your family soon.❤

Thank you, Teach, I hope you're well too 🤗

I've got my second shot yesterday, I'll be out of here in two weeks! 🎆
  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    Boston Red Sox beat Tampa Bay Ray's to move on to the ALCS series.

For those from Europe and not familiar with American Baseball the "ALCS" would be the semi-final matches to the championship.
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    @Bender am delighted to read your good news 😁
  • Statest16 said:
    Boston Red Sox beat Tampa Bay Ray's to move on to the ALCS series.

For those from Europe and not familiar with American Baseball the "ALCS" would be the semi-final matches to the championship.

Is this your team Statest? Well done!

• Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    Good Red Sox
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited October 2021
    I am grateful for being able to feel moments of joy.