Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

Gratitude: what are you thankful for today

Comments

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

I remembered that my brothers' friends 2 year-old gave me a leaf and that I still have it. I am thankful for how cute and sweet that kid is. lol

• I have a rose that was handed to me by Anthony Quinn during the intermission of a stage performance of Zorba the Greek. He took it from his hat and said I looked sad. ❤

It's been pressed in my Shakespeare anthology for about 30 years.

• Correction. It looks more like a carnation. I keep it with King Lear, my favourite play.

• It's George Harrison's birthday. 

I'm thankful for him!!  He's shaped my life. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qJTJNfzvr8&ab_channel=nowhereman113

• Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    Had fun at the library today and had a great burger at Burger King after
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    Blue skies this morning, the feeling of sunshine on my skin while sitting on a rustic bench enjoying the landscape.
  • I'm grateful for the young, talented veterinarian who took such good care of Mlle Ouiji.   She couldn't have been older than about 28.

The level of care there was outstanding. 

I went to a vet that Ouiji hadn't been to before.  My dog went there years ago.  I think I may have to switch over, permanently. 
  • An evening walk. Tomatoes from the garden. 
    Done a lot of physical work yesterday, cleared a 40 foot strip of briars, nettles and ivy, very satisfying. Took good care of my back afterwards and woke up this morning pain free, an excellent outcome all round.

Glad that the dentists rang to confirm my appointment tomorrow, otherwise I would have totally forgotten because I didn't set the reminder on my mobile properly 😛
  • Lol that sounds familiar.😀 I was all set to have surgery on Wednesday until I discovered that it's the week after. I haven't managed to buy a diary yet for 2021 because of Covid.
  • I am grateful that I didn't actually do the nasty preparations for the procedure, the last time I actually did the preparations twice because I also got the date wrong, and it's really gross. 
  • Two large, homegrown, sun-warmed Black Krim tomatoes with lunch.
  • Pizza! I'm grateful for pizza! And Buffy. And my cats. And my gf even though she's grumpy. And my relative health. And my neon nails in the shade Coral Blaze. And that I'm chugging along to the end of my course. But pizza, mainly pizza.
  • Isabella said:

Image Link
    Images need to be served over HTTPS to be rendered
    ^

I'm grateful for my pillow fort, coloured lights, and Christmas music after a very stressful week.

Yay!
  • I'm grateful for the ability to pause and reflect. 

I'm grateful for the internet, because I have so much useless information at my disposal. Nothing else allows me to find multiple different sources with a bunch of information about Syrian hamsters in only a couple minutes. lol
  • I’m I’m grateful for the song of the meadow lark.
  • A beautiful iris is in bloom. :-)
  • IsabellaIsabella Citizen
    edited March 2021
    I'm grateful there's only 3.5 more days for my kitten to wear her cone:  we're at 8.5 days and counting.  She's been such a good sport except for evenings when she gets a bit hyper.   

I'm also grateful that my dog's paws have healed since he got coned two weeks ago.  

I can't believe I've lived to tell the tale, being sequestered and having to keep them apart. 
  • I was too awed by the fun I had on Saturday. I went to a plant sale and filled my car with new plants, mostly natives and good pollinators, one nice looking dragon fruit, a bitty orchid. The sale is a fund raiser for the Master Gardeners program and the prices are really incredibly reasonable. Mr. Blaze came along to pull the garden cart filled with my selections. I was so happy. This popular sale was this year by appointment only, with limited numbers allowed in each half hour and enforced masks, etc. 
  • Happy for your happiness Blaze. Sounds wonderful.🌷
    Im grateful in this moment to be able to recognise the feelings that belong to the past attempting to influence my thoughts and perception of the now.
    I'm watching them, acknowledging their purpose in the past and allowing them to drift on by.

• I am grateful for the daily Quaker Zoom Meetings for Worship for more reasons than I can count at any given moment. What overwhelmed me today was how, in this practice, I am experiencing the strength, faith, love, tenderness of so many people further along the spiritual path than I. They are such a resource to me and inform my entire day. 
  • A gorgeous spring day. A wonderful walk with my dog and my cat. And...another orchid is blooming. 
  • Got an appointment for my second vaccine jab. Tomorrow morning. 
    Got an appointment for my second vaccine jab. Tomorrow morning. 
    I'm glad that you are able to get a hold of a second dose. Was it difficult to get the appointment at all?
  • Getting the second dose consisted of waiting patiently. I was on the list for the second jab because I got the first one. It was just a matter of time, but I did want it to be sooner rather than later. It has been a year since I have seen my clients and that is much too long. there is only so much you can do over the phone and/or zoom. 

So, I got my second dose this morning, for which I am very grateful. I can start making visits again, safely, in April. Yay!
    Getting the second dose consisted of waiting patiently. I was on the list for the second jab because I got the first one. It was just a matter of time, but I did want it to be sooner rather than later. It has been a year since I have seen my clients and that is much too long. there is only so much you can do over the phone and/or zoom. 

So, I got my second dose this morning, for which I am very grateful. I can start making visits again, safely, in April. Yay!
    I'm very happy for you and your clients! Being restricted to only phone and virtual visits must be very frustrating, I'm sure your clients are going to be excited to finally see you.

It's also good that they put you on a waiting list. In my area I've heard that it can be hard for people to get their second vaccine, so that's why I was curious about how hard it was for you to get it.
  • Getting the second dose consisted of waiting patiently. I was on the list for the second jab because I got the first one. It was just a matter of time, but I did want it to be sooner rather than later. It has been a year since I have seen my clients and that is much too long. there is only so much you can do over the phone and/or zoom. 

Good news Blaze!!