Home Introductions

HI

Comments

• SlyFoxSlyFox Citizen, Member
    Amity said:
    That must have been quite a fright, it sounds like you were sat where the impact happened, I do hope your doctor has checked you over fully and that your knee pain eases as it heals.
    it gives me anxiety going through there each day for work now. i saw the car second before it hit us. it was all so quick.
    they finally did an xray and nothings broken. so must just be contusion which they said takes weeks to heal :( hopefully it heals after this week as i've already missed two weeks now. on top of it i have to deal with the insurance companies.
    Bender said:
    Seen this sweet guy the other day 🦊

you saw it in person? lucky ive never seen a fox in person.
  • Not that particular one, but I've seen many both here and in other European countries and we do have a friendly neighbourhood fox. A lot of them live in the city and you're bound to see them, especially at night when they come out for food.

This is a common sight:

Wildlife is protected and cared for here, so they are well-loved and have dens in our parks. Urban foxes behave differently than those living in the wild and since 2015 we have a citizen science project called Foxes in the City and people document sightings of them or their dens to help biologists understand more about urban foxes.

https://www.research-in-germany.org/en/infoservice/newsletter/newsletter-2015/december-2015/the-city---a-paradise-for-wildlife-.html

Some of them get famous:

These little guys made the news for trying to get into a bus

And this one for stealing over 100 pair of shoes 😆

https://www.boredpanda.com/fox-shoes-steal-berlin-germany/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

If you Google "foxes Berlin", you'll find hundreds of images of the local foxes 🦊

• Have you been given instructions for how to care for your knee whilst it’s mending?

We have urban foxes in the UK too, once when I was out wandering around town after dark I saw one on the street: froze in fear because I thought it was a stray dog at first from the silhouette... but then noticed it wasn’t moving right and had no interest in me; then when it passed under a street light I realised it was a fox 😅🦊

Never seen them in the country though... 🤷‍♂️
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited February 2021
    Well I never, Foxes like Crocs,

I will compose a rhyme for Sly
    To help the time pass by,
    With the hope his knee is healing
    Cos we all care how he's feeling

It seems Berlin foxes 
    Have a fetish for......Crocs'es?
    Slyfox is our dear
    We are so glad he is here
    This rhyme may be lame
    But all the same
    Cheering Sly up
    Is the name of the game.
    🦊
  • Bravo!
    Karamazov said:
    Have you been given instructions for how to care for your knee whilst it’s mending?

We have urban foxes in the UK too, once when I was out wandering around town after dark I saw one on the street: froze in fear because I thought it was a stray dog at first from the silhouette... but then noticed it wasn’t moving right and had no interest in me; then when it passed under a street light I realised it was a fox 😅🦊

just to rest and avoid certain positions. pain pills run out Monday. doesn't hurt as much but random times it hurts quite a bit but i don't think they do anything, so going try going back to work this coming week. I don't know what to do about impending settlement  talks. I might face pain in knee rest of life or it might cause problems later that are even worse. they starting  offer was $1500 prior to injury, time off work and issues it caused. I haven't been able to shower in 3 weeks, do normal tasks. Its hard to sleep. I get anxiety driving now anytime a car is on right side or going thru round about. just walking around my house last few weeks has been horrible. couldn't sit certain ways to play games very long.
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    You might be able to get a no win no fee lawyer.

I would research their experience and record before taking one on.
    verity said:
    You might be able to get a no win no fee lawyer.

I would research their experience and record before taking one on.
    maybe but they take like 35-45% so if I just got 5k they'd get most of it and id look dumb for  not just taking lower amount since id get same. unless they could get me 10k idk if it'd be worth it. I also need to make sure Medicare didn't p[ay for anything or they'll want paid back. sisters insurance should paid for everything.
    so much contradicting information out there some saying most id get is couple hundred and some saying I should get 7-10k.
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    Well the key thing is "injury" is defined in law.

Judges don't like when people claim damages which are unsubstantiated and without reference. Or claim amounts that

So the smart thing to do it to cost everything like a tax accountant. Even if you have to make some estimate, make it like a tax estimate, e.g. with reasonable and permissible references.

When people claim emotional damages for example, the difference between succeeding or not is:
    a. demonstrating injury e.g. a diagnosis or assessment report of a non-pre-existing condition that can be directly attributed to the event.
    b. a costing of treatment over time, based on a permissible claim. So perhaps using case studies, etc.

Note: I'm not lawyer and I'm in a different jurisdiction so should not be taken as actual legal advice. Just some some observations.
    how is pain and suffering figured out? its separate from medical expenses.
  • The lawyer would usually come up with a specific monetary figure.

My wife got $20,000 each from two accidents....and she only had minor injuries.  She was rear-ended in one and T-boned in the other.  

• SlyFox said:
    Karamazov said:
    Have you been given instructions for how to care for your knee whilst it’s mending?

just to rest and avoid certain positions. pain pills run out Monday. doesn't hurt as much but random times it hurts quite a bit but i don't think they do anything, so going try going back to work this coming week. I don't know what to do about impending settlement  talks. I might face pain in knee rest of life or it might cause problems later that are even worse. they starting  offer was $1500 prior to injury, time off work and issues it caused. I haven't been able to shower in 3 weeks, do normal tasks. Its hard to sleep. I get anxiety driving now anytime a car is on right side or going thru round about. just walking around my house last few weeks has been horrible. couldn't sit certain ways to play games very long.
    Well, I suppose you’ll know how it is without the painkillers over the next 24hrs... probably best to wait and see on that one before committing to return to work ASAP.

No idea how (or on what timescale) injury & the law works in the US: but agree with verity that finding some proper legal representation is probably for the best. 
    Different system over here of course, but my cousins family have benefitted enormously from having a lawyer to guide them through, gather/prepare evidence and argue their side. (Her husband was hit by a car whilst cycling: fault entirely with the car’s driver)

... The anxiety around driving now sounds like the sort of thing that should be included, but proper legal advice will know better than me there.
    I've got 2 more pills left so two more days. pain seems to be mostly gone. I can walk with full pressure on left leg now, except for sometimes where it hurts depending on how foot lands I suppose. like if I lay it straight in bed and try to push something left with foot.

my fear is lawyers take 45% in most cases, so if all they get is ordinal offer of 1500 then IU only get less then 700, so it'd only be worth it if they could get me 10k. I'm not good at speaking up and worried lawyers will take me  for ride knowing I won't get that much but they get few thousand. mean they already lied. they said we would talk overt text then immediately demand I call them. so why should I believe they're do a free consolation. 
    edited February 2021
    The lawyer would usually come up with a specific monetary figure.

My wife got $20,000 each from two accidents....and she only had minor injuries.  She was rear-ended in one and T-boned in the other.  

Ive heard that but also some people said they only got $600. others say I could get 7-10k. others say I should get nothing and I'm the problem and why insurance rates keep going higher :S
    I feel if they started at  $1500 they go higher, but how high idk and Id hate to ask for 5k when they willing to do 15k their job is to trick me into far less then they're willing to do. lawyers goal is to make them money, doesn't seem anyone is really out to do what's best for me.
  • I wish I knew more about Oregon law pertaining to this sort of thing.

I believe you should be able to get some sort of settlement...especially that which pays for your medical bills.
    what were your wifes injuries?
  • kraftiekortiekraftiekortie Citizen
    edited February 2021
    She really had rather mild injuries. Most of the injuries were to her back. Probably the difference in settlement offers lies in the fact that she was the driver of the cars that were hit both times.
    Probably higher cause nyc bunch people said it depends on area with rural areas getting far less
    Lawyer was no help. Said I’d be lucky if I got $1500. They offered me $1500 day of the accident before any injuries were known. I was off work for 2 weeks. In pain for 3 weeks and going, had trouble sleeping, couldn’t do anything at home, can’t go on walks, haven’t been able to shower for 3 weeks. I have anxiety about being in cars now I didn’t have before. Why would I accept $1500 ?
    Add to thst slight pain might just be permanent thing and it might cause future issues. My sisters pissed cause as she says we were obeying the law doing nothing wrong and they hit us. Now our car is valued less and will be hard to trade in, she’s in so much pain and , and our lives last few weeks has been horrible. Work is my only socializing and I’ve lost that. But now it’s up to me alone to try to push for more.guess I’ll try asking for 5k and see how night I can get them. I’m getting $1400 from gov soon, I won’t accept $1500 fro the shit this  accident caused. My sister definitely shouldn’t. That would barely cover rental car insurance non less her medical bills and pain caused.
  • I'm sorry you had to go through this. Have you gone back to work yet/
    edited February 2021
    Going try to thrusday and see if I can manage. I’ve got some topical pain ointment and I can try taking max doses of ibuprofen 
    If I bend knee past 90 for too long it hurts and then causes knee to hurt to walk on . I think I’m just going have to permanently deal with pain but doctors won’t see me anymore for it and I can’t proove I’m in pain :(
  • I really hope that the pain will dissipate over time, orthopedic issues often require patience and treatment with heat therapy or physiotherapy over an extended period of time. It is logical that it is still painful. Try a heat pad on the injury. There are Iboprufen creams that can be applied directly to the injury which will not cause gastric distress as the pills do when used for a prolonged period of time. Applying the cream ( anti-inflammatory) and then the heat pad is very effective in speeding up the healing process. Feel well sweety.
  • Just popping in to say hi Sly. 

I hope you'll consider trying online physiotherapy, or a brace - even temporarily for work. 

It's a good sign that your mobility has improved, and your pain is starting to subside.  

Teach51 said:
    I really hope that the pain will dissipate over time, orthopedic issues often require patience and treatment with heat therapy or physiotherapy over an extended period of time. It is logical that it is still painful. Try a heat pad on the injury. There are Iboprufen creams that can be applied directly to the injury which will not cause gastric distress as the pills do when used for a prolonged period of time. Applying the cream ( anti-inflammatory) and then the heat pad is very effective in speeding up the healing process. Feel well sweety.
    my sister got me a arnica montana 1 x hpus ointment that I've been using. its the only pain relieving ointment we could find I guess.
    It may have been the daily use of iboprufen that messed up my stomach. doctors told me not to use heat pads, but the cold pads don't seem to help much if anything it aggravates it. does help with the swelling I guess.
  • SlyFox said:
    Teach51 said:
    I really hope that the pain will dissipate over time, orthopedic issues often require patience and treatment with heat therapy or physiotherapy over an extended period of time. It is logical that it is still painful. Try a heat pad on the injury. There are Iboprufen creams that can be applied directly to the injury which will not cause gastric distress as the pills do when used for a prolonged period of time. Applying the cream ( anti-inflammatory) and then the heat pad is very effective in speeding up the healing process. Feel well sweety.
    my sister got me a arnica montana 1 x hpus ointment that I've been using. its the only pain relieving ointment we could find I guess.
    It may have been the daily use of iboprufen that messed up my stomach. doctors told me not to use heat pads, but the cold pads don't seem to help much if anything it aggravates it. does help with the swelling I guess.

Yes when the trauma is fresh cold pads reduce the swelling. Heat pads are used after  a while to increase the blood supply to the injured area that promotes the healing of the injured tissues.
    Iboprufen can cause stomach ulcers as can aspirin when used for more than  a couple of weeks. If the Arnica helps then that's a blessing. Consuming food and drink with Iboprufen helps .
    I usually have to take some kind of pain pill daily for headaches. I always eat something with pills or they get stuck in my throat.
  • That's good😊