Home Introductions

HI

Comments

• You express your emotions through the pictures of the foxes.

They communicate how you feel very well.

• @slyfox,

verity is encouraging you to reach out for support, if you're comfortable, to explain how you're feeling.

((Hugs to you my friend)).

• SlyFoxSlyFox Citizen, Member

lonely

anyone here

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

@SlyFox said:
    anyone here

Hi, Sly! 🦊

• Hi Sly

• https://youtu.be/LlOco-DzHgY

Hope this will cheer you up dear Sly♥

no luck on dating sites this week still, wish i was loveable.

• Dating sites tend to screw with the egos of those who patronize them.

• They tend to have a distortedly large proportion of male users and encourage superficiality by presenting their users to a photo and a short set of data points from what I’ve heard.
    Can certainly see how that would be corrosive to the mental health of many of their patrons.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

@Karamazov said:
    They tend to have a distortedly large proportion of male users and encourage superficiality by presenting their users to a photo and a short set of data points from what I’ve heard.
    Can certainly see how that would be corrosive to the mental health of many of their patrons.

Agreed. The depression I experience would be worsened by dating sites.

Sly do you usually feel sadness about dating sites or do other emotions come up?

sadness. what other emotions are there? suppose itd be as depressing as a fish whos tank faces the open water knowing itll never be free.

Frustration? Feeling helpless/ trapped

I would be frustrated by the experience. Annoyed at my time being wasted by something that had conned me.

It purports to be the answer to many of life's woes, but based on the lived experience of the autistic and non-autistic people I've spoken to about it, online dating doesnt deliver.

@Amity said:
    Frustration? Feeling helpless/ trapped

I would be frustrated by the experience. Annoyed at my time being wasted by something that had conned me.

It purports to be the answer to many of life's woes, but based on the lived experience of the autistic and non-autistic people I've spoken to about it, online dating doesn't deliver.

I guess. i feel helpless and sad and worse longer i swipe through profiles. lots of women who'd never date me. on top of it unlike other guys because im worthless i have to not only swipe reject on women i don't find attractive or wouldn't' date but women based on their looks, job or profile wouldn't date me in billion years.

i wouldn't beleive any dating site who says that, theyd go out of business, same with hospitals and doctors, they don't want to truely make you all better. I don't do any paid sites for this reason.
    i can only do it for while before im crying and feel like hurting myself. unfortantly i have 7 sites to do it on and they want you to swipe hundred profiles or so each a day.

• IsabellaIsabella Citizen
    edited January 2021

Have you ever tried taking a break from dating sites, to see if you feel better not using them?

I know you're very sad and you feel helpless when you look at people's profiles. Would you possibly feel better about yourself if you weren't looking at those pictures and feeling unlovable?

In my opinion, it seems it might be a negative emotional trigger for you to use the sites. They bring up such powerful feelings of inadequacy for you. I know you'll likely feel lonely and sad by not looking at all, but would it possibly feel better?

I was in car accident two weeks ago, knee still hurts.
    Isabella said:

Have you ever tried taking a break from dating sites, to see if you feel better not using them?

I know you're very sad and you feel helpless when you look at people's profiles. Would you possibly feel better about yourself if you weren't looking at those pictures and feeling unlovable?

In my opinion, it seems it might be a negative emotional trigger for you to use the sites. They bring up such powerful feelings of inadequacy for you. I know you'll likely feel lonely and sad by not looking at all, but would it possibly feel better?

doubt id feel better not looking, i still see women in public, at work, on tv etc. if i don't do the sites its like completely giving up.
  • SlyFox said:
    Sorry to hear that, I hope you're ok 🤗
    SlyFox said:

Wow, sorry to hear that Sly, were you in hospital?
  • Car accidents are rough.  I hope you feel better soon, Sly.
  • Slyfox sending love to you, hope you will feel better soon❤
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    Get well soon sly. not a nice experience being in a car crash.
    knees some what less hurting but still does so going to doctor again tomorrow
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    I hope that your doctor's visit goes okay. 
    edited February 2021
    SlyFox said:
    knees some what less hurting but still does so going to doctor again tomorrow
    were you rear-endend?

Ask for a full check over, as small organ like spleen or gallbladder can be affected by a crash. Even if there is is no external impact.
    they hit us on right side where i sit. in a roundabout. they were going too fast and didn't slow or stop as they suppose to when entering round about if there's cars in it.
    not nice. take it easy, rest.

That must have been quite a fright, it sounds like you were sat where the impact happened, I do hope your doctor has checked you over fully and that your knee pain eases as it heals.
  • Seen this sweet guy the other day 🦊