What colour do you associate with fear?

Lost_DragonLost_Dragon Citizen, Member
I usually hear people say yellow or purple when asked this question, but personally I associate light grey with fear. This is because I associate grey with the uncanny, the undead, and the lifeless. I know that in the cartoons I used to watch, whenever there was an evil character (especially an evil clone or alter ego of a good character) they would frequently be grey. 

There used to be a cartoon called Figaro Pho about a boy with a lot of phobias. I remember how disturbing I used to find this show and it would sometimes use the colour grey to show that something was off. There was a scene I remember where he sits down to eat and he loses his appetite and this is shown by the entire scene draining of colour and turning grey. As a result, his once vibrant meal looks unappealing and it also turns into a frowning face. It was an odd show. 

At least to me, grey represents the loss of something, it is a lack of vibrancy and a lack of life. 

I know that yellow is often linked to cowardice, and I have heard the phrase "Cowardly custard" before. However, I've always associated yellow with positivity. 

Comments

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    I guess I associate a sort of bluish/greenish colour with more nervousness/anxiety like fear. Maybe full on panic/dread type fear is a darker pink colour, because it's very intense like anger, which I associate with red.
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    Fear and a colour... perhaps white, in a panic sort of way, or as a colour I  associate with pain.
  • gray or black. Something I can't see through. 
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    Still thinking about this one..............Interesting question.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    I would say a pea souper foggy grey with yellow tinges.