If you like orchids...

This is a truly amazing 15 minute video about the famous Ghost Orchid in the Fakahatchee. The photography is amazing. 
https://floridawild.com/chasing-ghosts/

Comments

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    I don't know a great deal about orchids but do like them. I like the category that grow in trees, like caribbean or south/central american.
  • BenderBender Citizen
    Wow, Blaze, that looks amazing indeed.

My only experience with orchids is buying a potted one that did well, but for some strange reason would look a bit sad in summer and flower only in winter.

But I like them a lot.
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    verity said:
    I don't know a great deal about orchids but do like them. I like the category that grow in trees, like caribbean or south/central american.
    There are ones that grow on trees? That's so cool, I don't know how I didn't see those until now.
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    edited June 28
    yes in fact, I was surprised when I found out there were ground orchids since I had only heard of the tropical ones that grow in trees.
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    I really enjoyed the video, Darwin was right, a moth with a very long tongue. The swamps are like another world, I find your environment fascinating blaze and not a little daunting. Gosh, an alligator cold easily grab someone of that little board boat. The orchid is really amazing.