Post Your Favourite Quote , Quip , Comeback , Burn , Mistake etc

Post your favourite quote , quip , comeback , burn , mistake , comments that aged like milk , joke quotes etc

Comments

• Save_FerrisSave_Ferris Citizen, Member

Hackney Council was hit by a serious cyber attack and when Sky tweeted about it the burns were great.

If this makes no sense to you then this might help. The UK Government new ad to recruit staff

• Save_FerrisSave_Ferris Citizen, Member

“My mask is here to control my communication techniques. It is here because I don’t trust you to understand me. It is here because I chose it. I built it. I sculpted it. I had a thousand and one reasons to do that, and only one to undo it; because it’s heavy and I don’t need it anymore.
    I have to trust that trying to live my life non-autistically hasn’t worked. The desired result has not been forthcoming.
    Because when all is said and done, I don’t want to be surrounded by people who like my mask. I want to be surrounded by people who like me. Taking off the mask doesn’t mean I’ll achieve that, but keeping it on, guarantees I won’t.
    If I can always be found in the logic, then there I shall be. In the logic and dancing in the rain, I hope to see you there.” – AutistRhi

• ^^ That's awesome. It should be in a book somewhere. It's perfect. Ooh, I just had a great idea: Someone should write a book which is compiled to things like that; things written by autistics.

• Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    edited October 2020

Favorite quote your asking?

"The nuances in the rhythm are do to the lack of respect that an artist may have for the rhythm,that is what defines the good artist from a bad artist"

Andres Segovia Madrid 1965

• I was born wet, naked and hungry. Then things got worse.

• I won't be beaten by the reality of passing days.

• @Wulfnite said:
    I was born wet, naked and hungry. Then things got worse.

Can't recall where it's from, and I'm paraphrasing a bit. But I thought it was funny:

"I'll leave this world the way I entered it; screaming and covered in someone else's blood!"

• WulfniteWulfnite Citizen
    edited October 2020

@Wolfram said:

@Wulfnite said:
    I was born wet, naked and hungry. Then things got worse.

Can't recall where it's from, and I'm paraphrasing a bit. But I thought it was funny:

"I'll leave this world the way I entered it; screaming and covered in someone else's blood!"

Lol.

That reminds me of:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers".

• TemTem Citizen

Me: Supper is ready soon, you might want to finish that bingo.
    Ma: I will finish you in a minute.

• Prometheus81Prometheus81 Citizen, Member

The German who visited a restaurant in London. After twenty minutes, he rose from his table in great indignation, and shouted at the waiter: "I am here since twenty minutes, when do I become a sausage"?

Kudos if you get the joke.