Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

How Are You Today?

Choose one word to describe how you are feeling today.
Then add one brief sentence to explain why.

I think it's helpful for people with Alexithymia to identify emotions and consider the reason behind them.

My answer for today:

Guilty
I'm going to be away overnight, and I'm anxious about MD's health because she's sick and might want me home.

Comments

• Annoyed

Somewhat over being a procrastinator.

• Save_FerrisSave_Ferris Citizen, Member

Groggy

Stayed up too late last night and am paying for it 🤪

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Shakey.

I drank an entire energy drink because I haven't slept for two days.

• Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor

Good I would say,I had dinner date this evening

• Not too bad. I gathered some spoons, the next two weeks will be very busy.

• Fat.

continues munching candy

Conflicted

My grandfather is declining and he has yet to meet his great grandson and fucking C19 is making decisions hard.

• Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited October 2020

Concerned.
    Took a 30 min taxi ride and forgot to open the windows and ventilate to prevent spread of Corona. Both I and the driver had masks on but I am usually so careful. Just forgot.🤷‍♀️Frack.

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Loved.

Our black and white cat just sat on my lap for a minute. 😳

• Tingly

I said the L word today. I really did.

• WulfniteWulfnite Citizen
    edited October 2020

Good.

No anxiety today. Yesterday I had a pretty bad attack.

• @Save_Ferris said:
    Conflicted

My grandfather is declining and he has yet to meet his great grandson and fucking C19 is making decisions hard.

Isn't MiniFerret a great great grandson? (two times great?)

That must be a tough decision. Is your granddad suffering with any type of infection, or just declining from age? Is he in a care home?

I'm picturing MiniFerret telling the story one day, saying that he met / didn't meet his 2x great grandfather when he was a baby, during Covid. I hope you'll find a way for them to meet and be photographed together even with masks in the photo (would make for an interesting keepsake), but I understand how upsetting it must be if they can't. I know you have to worry about lockdown rules in addition to everyone's health.

@Isabella said:

@Save_Ferris said:
    Conflicted

Isn't MiniFerret a great great grandson? (two times great?)

That must be a tough decision. Is your granddad suffering with any type of infection, or just declining from age? Is he in a care home?

I'm picturing MiniFerret telling the story one day, saying that he met / didn't meet his 2x great grandfather when he was a baby, during Covid. I hope you'll find a way for them to meet and be photographed together even with masks in the photo (would make for an interesting keepsake), but I understand how upsetting it must be if they can't. I know you have to worry about lockdown rules in addition to everyone's health.

Yeah my bad he's his great great grandfather doh!

No infection as such just age.

planning a garden visit soon but it looks like the UK might have a 'circuit breaker' lockdown :(

• What the heck is a circuit breaker lockdown?

• My gamer-brain suggests it's something that goes into effect automatically once another value reaches a specific point. Could be wrong, though.

@Isabella said:
    What the heck is a circuit breaker lockdown?

Like @Wolfram said ,currently there are 3 alert levels , when level 3 is reached it will be introduced. . A circuit breaker is a national lockdown set for short-term period of two or three weeks, where tighter restrictions are brought in.

• IsabellaIsabella Citizen
    edited October 2020

Ah yes. We have levels as well. Highest numbers ever right now. I'm really not impressed with my need to go to hospitals almost every day. I think I'll buy me a hazmat suit. 😕 Maybe do that garden photo asap while you can.

Today:

Raunchy
    I feel a bit queasy for some reason.

Well Wales has just banned anyone from a hotspot area coming into the country ( which is pretty much everywhere but Cornwall ).

• Peaceful

It's a perfectly dark, wet, dreary, spooky day and I have absolutely nothing to do. ❤

Frazzled

GGGrandfather has met the miniferret so mission acomplished.

• YAAYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!

Congrats !!! I'm glad you got to see your granddad as well !!!!!

• Happy

Because the miniferr met his GG grandfather.

• Haven't been feeling so good the past couple of days. Keeps coming and going. Feel awful, feel alright, feel awful, repeat. Some gastric thing? IDK.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

^Did you ask your Doctor about it?
    A fesh/raw ginger hot drink could help to settle your insides.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Feeling better, lockdown happened, imo a week too late, but at least there is some certainty now...
    instead of the horrid waiting for change and all the uncertainty before now.

• IsabellaIsabella Citizen
    edited October 2020

Hugs Amity, hope everything will start to feel more settled now.

WN -- Doctor is in order. No messing around with our WN.

• Concerned.
    I just watched cat videos for the first time, meaning I must be going mad?

• TemTem Citizen

Content.
    Just saw a few people outside as they passed by my house. I was chatting to a neighbourn 2 doors away(jumped out on her) and the others just walked by and smiled their greetings. Also, not seen this particular neighbour for months so it was good to see she was ok.

• Anxious
    I can feel my tension building because I have to take my mother to physio again, which means sensory and emotional draining, plus a couple of hours of Covid exposure in the hospital.

• @Amity said:
    ^Did you ask your Doctor about it?
    A fesh/raw ginger hot drink could help to settle your insides.

It's over with now. Just part of the occasional weird panic attack scenarios I experience. Always a combo of rapid heartbeats and gastric upheavals from nervousness. Tonight I feel serene and my pulse rate is 68.