Home› Introductions

Hylian's Introduction

HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Hey, it's HeroOfHyrule (on AF and WP). I'm not good with intros, so I'm going to just put what I've seen other people include in theirs. lol

I'm nineteen and live in the US. I'm diagnosed with ADHD - Combined Type and GAD, and was told it's likely that I do have ASD the last time I was assessed (but didn't get an actual diagnosis for reasons, so I don't know what support level I would be). I guess I'll also include the fact I'm transgender, since that affects me socially, but imo that's not very important.

I have two cats and a rabbit, and I love being around and taking care of animals. I also like video games a lot, and Nintendo games in general are I guess my biggest special interest.

I'm newer to using forums (only started using forums for autism in May), so I'm not always great at participating and responding to people as I'm not always sure how/when to, but I try.

Comments

• Save_FerrisSave_Ferris Citizen, Member

Welcome dude :)

• Always good to see more animal lovers. Welcome, my dude!

• Welcome Hylian!

I've always had a great respect for your posts on other sites. I think you have a lot to contribute and I can't wait to get to know you better! I'm also combined-type ADHD so we can drift off-topic together any time you'd like.

😊

• ^ What Isabella said. That's why you were dragged into this venture.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Hi Hylian

Its great to have you here, I havnt forgotten your request, for now the media and entertainment forum can be the home for your chats about gaming if you would like.
    There will be more sub forums added, so its still possible we can make a video games sub forum.
    What type of rabbit do you have?

• Always nice seeing you, Hylian :)

• +1 vote for a video game subforum.

• Hi Hylian!

• I don't play video games but I'll vote for the subforum regardless! It sounds like a good idea!

:)

• TemTem Citizen

Yay Hilian, A lovely intro and animals and nature are also close to my heart.

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Hi Hylian
    Its great to have you here, I havnt forgotten your request, for now the media and entertainment forum can be the home for your chats about gaming if you would like.
    There will be more sub forums added, so its still possible we can make a video games sub forum.
    What type of rabbit do you have?

Hello! I actually think the "media and entertainment" forum is fine for video game related posts. They fall into that category anyways, so there doesn't need to be a specific forum for them.

Also, the rabbit we have is a mini lop. Her name is Malo (she's named after a male Zelda character because I thought she was a boy at first lol) and she's 6 months old.

• I am so tempted to get a pet bunny.

• I had a bunny when I was eight. I got him for Easter. Sadly he wasn't a great experience because he bit a lot and didn't even like carrots, which bugged me. Not what I expected. We didn't keep him very long because he was always biting me. My dad gave him to a bunny farm. I'm not sure what a bunny farm is but I went with him and I saw all the bunnies in cages and pens out in the country. I think we just had bad luck with our bunny because I know lots of people who find them to be wonderful pets.

I am so tempted to get a pet bunny.

They're really nice pets, the one we have even licks us all the time and is trained to come when you call her. If you let them run around your house you do need to cover cords and anything you don't want chewed on though, you can't really get them not to gnaw on everything.

• You're super lucky! ^ I think the difference is that we had a cat at the same time, so the poor bunny couldn't roam freely like that. I think it was unhappy.

I had a bunny when I was eight. I got him for Easter. Sadly he wasn't a great experience because he bit a lot and didn't even like carrots, which bugged me. Not what I expected. We didn't keep him very long because he was always biting me. My dad gave him to a bunny farm. I'm not sure what a bunny farm is but I went with him and I saw all the bunnies in cages and pens out in the country. I think we just had bad luck with our bunny because I know lots of people who find them to be wonderful pets.

Ohh, that sucks. :/ Did he draw blood? Our bunny was affectionate from the start, but we think she was someone's pet before. It looked like her and her brother were left at the feed store. She has nibbled me really hard a few times though and it's painful.

You're super lucky! ^ I think the difference is that we had a cat at the same time, so the poor bunny couldn't roam freely like that. I think it was unhappy.

That makes sense. Our bunny is very lucky the cats don't go in my room, so she does get to free roam a lot. lol

• They're really nice pets, the one we have even licks us all the time and is trained to come when you call her. If you let them run around your house you do need to cover cords and anything you don't want chewed on though, you can't really get them not to gnaw on everything.

Cords are an issue. I'd have to rabbit proof like when people baby proof. Leave out gnaw sticks. I want to get a baby. I think a better bond is formed when you start off with a pet right after it is weaned. So maybe next spring. Lots of wild rabbits where I live, so I have grown to like rabbits a lot.

@Wulfnite said:
    Cords are an issue. I'd have to rabbit proof like when people baby proof. Leave out gnaw sticks. I want to get a baby. I think a better bond is formed when you start off with a pet right after it is weaned. So maybe next spring. Lots of wild rabbits where I live, so I have grown to like rabbits a lot.

If you get one as a baby you can make sure it's properly tamed and desensitized to things like grooming, which is also a plus.

Do you have a specific breed of rabbit in mind, or are you open to any rabbit?

• Flemish Giant or bust!

@Wolfram said:

Giant rabbits are amazing. They're like fuzzy, hoppy dogs. I saw one at the zoo in their barn animal area and the regular bunnies were as big as it's back legs. lol

• I'd be going in the other direction with a Netherland Dwarf.