Home Other Conditions

My pdoc phoned my (s)daughter this morning

My pdoc phoned my (s)daughter this morning to find out how I was  doing. She said that apart from some persistent paranoia, about my neighbour(s) I’m doing quite well. The pdoc said said that that will always be there to some degree. She also updated him about the falls I’d had.

My (s) daughter said that I’d go with the flow re oral meds vs depot , though my preference is to stay on the depot… She said that given the ongoing problems with the delivery of meds, and the fact I’m doing OK on the depot, she would prefer for the boat to not potentially be rocked by switching to oral meds. He said it was well within my rights to stay on the depot.

When I moved here I gave her official permission to be informed about anything to do with me of an official nature. I saw it as being the sensible thing to do.She’s registered as my official carer with social services. That means she can get help if supporting me ever gets too hard due to my experiencing a mental or physical deterioration.

Comments

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    edited July 2022
    My pdoc phoned my (s)daughter this morning to find out how I was  doing. She said that apart from some persistent paranoia, about my neighbour(s) I’m doing quite well. The pdoc said said that that will always be there to some degree. She also updated him about the falls I’d had.

My (s) daughter said that I’d go with the flow re oral meds vs depot , though my preference is to stay on the depot… She said that given the ongoing problems with the delivery of meds, and the fact I’m doing OK on the depot, she would prefer for the boat to not potentially be rocked by switching to oral meds. He said it was well within my rights to stay on the depot.

When I moved here I gave her official permission to be informed about anything to do with me of an official nature. I saw it as being the sensible thing to do.She’s registered as my official carer with social services. That means she can get help if supporting me ever gets too hard due to my experiencing a mental or physical deterioration.

I've always been glad that you have a carer who is related to you Firemonkey, its good that your step daughter looking out for you.

Staying on the depot seems like a good outcome, as it is working well for you now?

• I think,given the situation re delivery of meds, that it's a 'no brainer' that staying on depot is the right decision.
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    I had to look up with depot turns out it is an injection.
  • TemTem Citizen
    I used to get an injection I called the depo - nearly got me mixed up with a depot once until I explained mine was contraception. 
    She was very red faced when she realised she almost booked me in for a depot. I might have quite liked it though.
  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    edited July 2022
    Tem said:
    I used to get an injection I called the depo - nearly got me mixed up with a depot once until I explained mine was contraception. 
    She was very red faced when she realised she almost booked me in for a depot. I might have quite liked it though.
    My (now) ex-wife then wife was on the depo shot  for years.Better than pills or the painful ring implants.