Home General ASD

I think I'm now forever banned on Aspie Central/AF

Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
I just on live forum told someone to F off and go F themselves and another 20 expletives.
I think it's over for me and autismforums.com

Comments

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    Statest16 said:
    I just on live forum told someone to F off and go F themselves and another 20 expletives.

Yikes! I didnt have you down as a potty mouth Statest, I dont mean that in a judgemental way, I've been known to have a colourful vocab when I totally loose my cool...

Any chance you can make it up with the team there?
  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    Amity said:
    Statest16 said:

Yikes! I didnt have you down as a potty mouth Statest, I dont mean that in a judgemental way, I've been known to have a colourful vocab when I totally loose my cool...

Any chance you can make it up with the team there?
    I wasn't banned as it turn out the mods censored all the curse words but I'm still so upset I don't know if I'll ever go back there.
    Sounds like there was a bigger picture at play if you werent banned afterall...

Thats good news to me, the more options we Autistic folk have, to be within a broad Autistic community, the better it is for us, in my humble opinion.

Tell me to mind my own business, I feel that you are quite unsettled by the experience and it sounds like the anger and the upset that followed are still strongly present in your body...
    Amity said:

I feel that you are quite unsettled by the experience and it sounds like the anger and the upset that followed are still strongly present in your body...
    By the experience ,you mean yesterday on Aspie Central or by life experiences past?
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    edited July 2022
    I can't comment on a specific incident, but a way I would view annoyance online is to realise that sometimes people do things unintentionally or without realising the imapct of what they are doing but also there are those that do thing specifically to create annoyance.

Really ofen the best option is to move on or not give them the reward of a reaction.

I have a very low tolerance for online drama, but of course we are all human, sometime I feel passionately about something or something rubs me up the wrong way. The most effective way I found to deal with wanting to give a peace of my mind that is write my reply out in a text editor then sleep on it. Given that time 9/10 I usually decide it to rewrite it in a more constructive way, or simply decide it is not something worth my time anyway.
    Statest16 said:
    Amity said:

I feel that you are quite unsettled by the experience and it sounds like the anger and the upset that followed are still strongly present in your body...
    By the experience ,you mean yesterday on Aspie Central or by life experiences past?

The experience yesterday, maybe also in the past too?
    Amity said:
    Statest16 said:
    Amity said:

Yea,agreed both,your quite clever and intuitive
    Statest16 said:
    Amity said:
    Statest16 said:
    Amity said:

Yea,agreed both,your quite clever and intuitive

I can relate to being overwhelmed by strong emotions, I think many of us who came up through the times before Autism was known or understood will have layers upon layers of emotional responses to experiences that harmed us (Thats not to say that more recent childhood diagnosed folk have it better or worse).

Personally it seems like a normal response to an abnormal experience, the challenge can be in untangling our reactions to present situations and those reactions that belong to past situations.

You have a creative/musical side from what I recall, what impact does music have on your emotions?
    Amity said:
    Statest16 said:
    Amity said:

You have a creative/musical side from what I recall, what impact does music have on your emotions?
     It gives an outlet,a means of release and expression!
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    I only really use AF to message a couple people, I don't like the attitude of some of the users there so I avoid posting on that forum. It's good that you weren't banned over that interaction.
    Hylian said:
    I only really use AF to message a couple people, I don't like the attitude of some of the users there so I avoid posting on that forum. It's good that you weren't banned over that interaction.
    Thank you H 
  • TemTem Citizen
    Our emotional reactions are what make us human. 
    Anger is real and thus it makes me real when I feel it.
    We all lose our shit at some point.
    Tem said:
    Our emotional reactions are what make us human. 
    Anger is real and thus it makes me real when I feel it.
    We all lose our shit at some point.
    Yea I know LOL