Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

Something I've wondered about. Please answer if you can

firemonkeyfiremonkey Citizen
edited May 2022 in Mind and Body Wellbeing
Is it possible to have what I would call,for want of a better phrase, 'micro zone outs'? A possible alternative would be 'micro absence seizures'.  
It 's  a briefer but more frequently occurring version of an absence seizure.  I've noticed with the human benchmark reaction time test I'll get what I would consider reasonable results for my age i.e. 250 ms interspersed every now and then with a 500+ ms result.  

There's Coojjman's Slobrain test. This is a simple test for Mean Reaction Time (M.R.T.) and Reaction Time Standard Deviation (R.T.S.D., a measure of consistency in reaction speed). Both, R.T.S.D. even more than M.R.T., have a significant (though not high) negative correlation with "g", or general intelligence. https://iq-tests-for-the-high-range.com/slobrain/  

I can get what I consider to be very good R.T.S.D results  for my age ,  alongside results  that I would consider to be 'outliers' even when accounting for my  age.  These tests are measured in milliseconds.  The  gaps between OK and not so OK mean reaction time with Slobrain  aren't as huge. However the effect is more noticeable.

The attempts taken  individually don't necessarily  indicate that the following  is true- Correlation between the two SloBrain statistics

rmean reaction time × reaction time standard deviation = .74 (n = 36)

So, persons with shorter reaction times are significantly more consistent, have their reaction times closer together However  comparing a set of quick vs slow M.R.T does show this to be the case.

I think, going off topic a bit,it's a good thing I've never driven on a main road!

Comments

• Is it possible to have what I would call,for want of a better phrase, 'micro zone outs'?
    Yes it is possible ~ with our states of mind taking longer or shorter moments to engage on account of being more or less latent  before cognitive 'gear-changes', hence on occasion those magic moments when one state of mind was all intentionally aware and the next all intentionally clueless ~ when we lose track of conversions or forgetting why we had gone into a particular room and so fourth.

There is also the thing with increasing maturity where psychological pruning involves less neurological networking and more frameworking, with certain frameworkings proving obstructive and leaving one having to go the long way about recalling things.

Obviously learning to remain or already being calm allows the mind to network much more efficiently through our learnt by rote frameworks, whereas getting concerned, anxious or even paranoid about operating efficiencies just brings on tunnel vision and higher incidences of framework obstructions, bringing about negative placebo catch-22 effects and all that. 
  • firemonkeyfiremonkey Citizen
    edited May 2022
    I wanted to post an example of what I mean , but  the option to add an image is totally crap. It needs fixing.

• Trying again.
  • DeepthoughtDeepthought Citizen
    edited May 2022
    I wanted to post an example of what I mean , but  the option to add an image is totally crap. It needs fixing.

In reference to what you mean as possibly not being relevant to what I meant as being in contrast to Psychogenic (stress induced) Non Epileptic Seizures (PNES), which can last in my case up to anywhere from between a few minutes up to about twenty minutes ~ where psychic pressure (conscious vitalisation) builds up in the neurological networks and fragments out though the physiological frameworks as either rapid eye movement in "petite mall" (small scale) seizures, or full on cramp spasm body buckling "grand mall" (large scale) seizures that can be somewhat detrimental to mind, body and either or both worn or nearby items?