Home General ASD

Hierarchy of popularity

How do autistics with a large following handle their notifications? I’ve gained over 100 followers just today alone… my old account had almost 3000 followers

Quote's from an autistic person.
Even with ASD there's a hierarchy of popularity.  I've been on Twitter nearly 8.5 years and only have 243 followers.

Comments

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    I've seen a lot of NT Twitter users easily have a couple thousand followers. They're usually younger people with similarly aged people following them, and younger people are more active on Twitter + social media in general since they're more versed with it + have more time to spend on it. On an app I'm on younger users often have 100s of followers, which is a big amount for the app. I think it's more age + activity level that gets these people the amount of followers they have, more than anything else.
  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    I have 71 FB friends and 7 IG followers

I ditched Twitter years ago,a cess pool
  • kraftiekortiekraftiekortie Citizen
    edited September 2021
    Unless you're a celebrity, you might have 2,000 followers----but they don't follow you that closely.

I have about 500 Facebook "friends"----but only maybe 5 of them actually write me.  Not even 5, come to think of it.  More like 3.  Not many of them even post on Facebook.
  • Unless you're a celebrity, you might have 2,000 followers----but they don't follow you that closely.

I have about 500 Facebook "friends"----but only maybe 5 of them actually write me.  Not even 5, come to think of it.  More like 3.  Not many of them even post on Facebook.

Good point. Very few  reply to me-including my father and sister. My father is 91, so  perhaps understandable. He's the only  member of my birth family I've seen since moving to Wiltshire very nearly 4 years ago, and it was 3 years ago that I saw him.

My brother has mental health problems of his own , but we keep in touch by email several times a week. I have very little interaction  with my sister. She always been quite negative, about my being mentally ill. 

I have 2 nieces. One will be 27 tomorrow and the other 24 in October. I've seen very little of them. I'm actually much closer to my (s)daughter, granddaughters and gt grandchildren here in Wiltshire. I love them all.
  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    I now have 8 IG followers