Home General ASD

How do you feel about fireworks?

HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
Do you like fireworks, or do they just overwhelm/annoy you? Are there any particular fireworks that you like or don't like?

I have never really liked how loud fireworks are. I especially hate when people light off fireworks for days before a holiday, because I get very overstimulated and don't sleep much.

Though, I do like sparklers and other little fireworks that don't make a whole bunch of noise and are just to look cool. I also like those little paper things that explode and make noise when you throw them on the ground (does that count as a firework? lol).

Comments

• BenderBender Citizen
    I don't know what they're called, but I like the ones that make cool/changing light and colour patterns with little noise. I hate firecrackers and the like, and I particularly hate people who use them while drunk or generally in an inconsiderate and dangerous manner to others.

I like watching them from my house on New Year's Eve because I have large windows that do a good job of keeping the noise out. I've seen some cool light shows too.

Oh, it's the 4th of July, have a good one, guys 🎆
  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    They were loud last night
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    Bender said:
    I don't know what they're called, but I like the ones that make cool/changing light and colour patterns with little noise. I hate firecrackers and the like, and I particularly hate people who use them while drunk or generally in an inconsiderate and dangerous manner to others.

I like watching them from my house on New Year's Eve because I have large windows that do a good job of keeping the noise out. I've seen some cool light shows too.

Oh, it's the 4th of July, have a good one, guys 🎆
    I was going to mention similar ones, but I don't know what they're called. I think the ones I'm thinking of are called "fountain" fireworks and they sometimes look like the bigger tubes, but just make colourful sparks.

I like watching even the bigger fireworks, and the noise I actually got "used to" as a kid (it still bothered me, though I could handle it and not meltdown lol), but I haven't participated in setting off fireworks for years so now they're way too loud for me.
    Statest16 said:
    They were loud last night
    I don't know if I'm just crazy, but I feel like lately they get a bit louder every year. Maybe more people around me are setting them off the past couple of years? I don't know.
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    edited July 2021
    One time I enjoyed a fireworks display was on a beach in a warm country and they were coordinated to classical music.
    The usual experience is when they are let off in peoples back gardens and the noise takes from my enjoyment of them.

Im looking forward to the quiet firework trend taking off https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/italian-town-silent-fireworks

Amity said:
    One time I enjoyed a fireworks display was on a beach in a warm country and they were coordinated to classical music.
    The usual experience is when they are let off in peoples back gardens and the noise takes from my enjoyment of them.

Im looking forward to the quiet firework trend taking off https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/italian-town-silent-fireworks

I didn't realize there were silent ones, thank you for showing me this! I hope that trend takes off, too, since even beyond being more sensory friendly it'll probably freak out wild animals a lot less.
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    ^And still so pretty 😎