Home Other Conditions

Feeling lost when I have no script

Outside of work, I have no “script” in my life to follow and it makes me feel lost. Before I go into work, I tend to just rest in my bed or on the couch in the loft area until I can’t avoid getting ready for work anymore and have to take a shower, dress up, and get in my car. After work, I don’t know whether I should go somewhere or do something to potentially break out of my social isolation or just go home. I really feel like a lost soul. 

Comments

• Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    If you don't mind me asking,what do you do for work
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    Moved to other conditions -posted in off topic section
  • Statest16 said:
    If you don't mind me asking,what do you do for work
    I work for a public library but it’s the total opposite of what you’d expect from a library. It’s loud, stinks like shit, has the atmosphere of a prison, and most of the people I work with are short tempered and hostile. I am not allowed to expand my knowledge and I get treated poorly by my supervisor and her assistants. Everything is my fault when something goes wrong, they make fun of my voice, they change my schedule without my input or warning, and ghosts of my past failures are everywhere in the building. It makes me want to slash my throat some days. 
  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    Why I think you need a move,the public library in my town would never be like that.
    Your brothers a MD so maybe he could help with money to move
  • Statest16 said:
    Why I think you need a move,the public library in my town would never be like that.
    Your brothers a MD so maybe he could help with money to move
    I don’t think so. He knows my situation but doesn’t lift a finger for me in that regard. 

I’ve gotten to where I don’t attend any social events anymore. I am just so sick of getting pushed to the wayside and going home feeling more depressed.