Home General ASD

GRASP's new Autism Assessment Service

I just now discovered that GRASP (Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership), a non-profit organization founded back in 2003 (see history here), has recently launched an Autism Assessment Service, which is currently done via Zoom.

The latter surprised me, because I was previously under the impression that all autism evaluations had been pretty much put on hold during the pandemic, and that there just wasn't any officially approved way to do them any way other than in-person.

Be that as it may, this info might come in handy to anyone out there who is seeking an evaluation.

Comments

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    This is actually really interesting and useful. Thank you, Mona!

I will keep this service in mind, since I am considering eventually trying to get a formal diagnosis.
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    edited April 2021
    I heard through second hand contact that some NHS trusts have being doing some/part of the assessments online for children. Don't quote me on that.
  • Thank you, Mona. A great resource.

• Thanks for sharing, hopefully it will help somebody.
  • RobinRobin Member
    I underwent a diagnostic assessment in February and it was all done remotely.  I completed the usual questionnaires, sent the clinical psychologist documents from my childhood and had a 4-hour interview by video call. The psychologist and I corresponded afterwards over some additional questions of his and he interviewed a relation by telephone. The process was comfortable from my point of view and sufficiently informative from his.
  • Robin said:
    I underwent a diagnostic assessment in February and it was all done remotely.  I completed the usual questionnaires, sent the clinical psychologist documents from my childhood and had a 4-hour interview by video call. The psychologist and I corresponded afterwards over some additional questions of his and he interviewed a relation by telephone. The process was comfortable from my point of view and sufficiently informative from his.

It's really good that you felt comfortable. A friend of mine had a series of face to face assessment sessions and found it exhausting and very frustrating.