Hello there!

ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
Hi I’m the founder Claritas, a Catholic group by Autistic people for Autistic people. I’m here to gain help and advice to promote Autism Acceptance and expand and develop my group within the Catholic Church; as well as gain help and advice in regards to my own personal life to help nurture the positive aspects of being Autistic, while mitigating the negative aspects.

Prior to founding this group I first hung-out on Wrong Planet, and I imagine most of you can guess how that turned-out; after that I went onto Autism Forums and really enjoyed it and ultimately got inspired to found this group and look for ways to promote Autism Acceptance. Autism Forums used to be one of my, if not my, favourite forum sites, but something happened back in, I think it was February or maybe March that resulted in me indirectly being accused of something and having my reputation damaged, and from then on it’s been downhill ever since. Too be fair I’ve not been handling this in the best manner, I struggle a lot with anger issues and the like, but the people on there are also, not totally innocent and one guy in particular, I wouldn’t accuse him of being a bully, but the last thing he did which was like a week or two ago was quite, bully-ish. But ultimately I hope & pray things can go back to the way they were before, I hope to work on improving and repairing things when I return.

In my personal life I’m hoping to become a farmer, I really want a stable job and independent life, and the farming job fits both of those categories perfectly. I can’t find farmland here and am also having a hard time finding employment in general, so I’m trying to move down to Chile, where my family owns farmland I could work on, though I’m struggling a lot with delays and the like. I’m also interested in writing and am working on a few literary ideas but right now they’re on hold until I can move to Chile. Ultimately I want to own my own farmland, marry an Autistic woman and have many Autistic kids with her, I hope and pray that becomes a reality one day.

Anyways nice meeting you all, I’ve gotta go have lunch now since I’m overdue for it, I look forward to getting to know you folk, thanks!

Comments

  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    I'm glad you left wrong planet ,that's a stinking hell hole for sure and I left AF too as well.
    I'm not a catholic myself (although my mother was ) I'm always up for a good Bible discussion though.
    There were a couple of catholic poster on WP if I remember ,not sure if your one I remember.I was vermontsavant on WP I don't know if you remember or maybe not,it doesn't matter.

    Welcome to Neurovoice my friend!
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    Welcome.
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Statest16 said:
    I'm glad you left wrong planet ,that's a stinking hell hole for sure and I left AF too as well.
    I'm not a catholic myself (although my mother was ) I'm always up for a good Bible discussion though.
    There were a couple of catholic poster on WP if I remember ,not sure if your one I remember.I was vermontsavant on WP I don't know if you remember or maybe not,it doesn't matter.

    Welcome to Neurovoice my friend!
    Hi there, yes I remember you loosely, I was Greatshield17 on WP and am still Greatshiedl17 on Autism Forums.
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Thank you.
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Claritas said:
    Thank you.
    *That was for:
    verity said:
    Welcome.

  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    Claritas said:

     I was Greatshield17 on WP and am still Greatshiedl17 on Autism Forums.
    Yes I do remember you for sure ,good to hear from you again😊
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Thanks, good to hear from you too.
  • AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    Hi and welcome Claritas, it's good to have self awareness, it can lead to change within ourselves... something that we can control.
    Thanks for sharing your hopes with us, I agree with your emphasis on working and independence, this is something I also value, I think its key for many people with a disability.
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Amity said:
    Hi and welcome Claritas, it's good to have self awareness, it can lead to change within ourselves... something that we can control.
    Thanks for sharing your hopes with us, I agree with your emphasis on working and independence, this is something I also value, I think its key for many people with a disability.
    Thank you!
  • MoonikaMoonika New Member, Member
    edited November 28
    Hello.
    WP turned out pretty bad for me too, mostly due to failure to satisfy my privacy on request. That in general is important to me, and at the time it was even more vital. It was a grander failure than I had expected, sometimes I can be gullible and carefree.

    As far as religion goes, as a skeptic position holder, and religious indoctrination survivor, I will do my best to bring notice to any fallacies of faith and unreasonable motives for indoctrination, if such a thing can be discussed here. 

    In terms of children as dreams, and women as satisfaction, I find that to be selfish and unrealistic, particularly if the people involved are autistic. I think romanticizing it could be a turn-off for most mature experienced women. Although faking is much worse.

    There are plenty of positive sides to Autism, mostly that have a double edge, downsides in society and life. But we can love ourselves and our autism. 

    Farming is beautiful, keeps you in touch with nature and occupied in real life which is healthy and positive in general and you can be your own boss. Some plants are very difficult to grow, but it's a fun rewarding activity even as learning goes. Pests, disease but with the right conditions, time and dedication any plant can be nurtured. And understanding animals in terms of mentality proves to be a feat very few people can take on and correctly read. 

    Wish you an easy progress, welcome to the forum. 
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Moonika said:
    In terms of children as dreams, and women as satisfaction, I find that to be selfish and unrealistic, particularly if the people involved are autistic. I think romanticizing it could be a turn-off for most mature experienced women. Although faking is much worse.
    I do not intend to view my future wife as "satisfaction" just someone to accompany through life. As for children as "dreams," children are important because they will ensure our people and the human race as a whole, will keep going forward; this is important especially in regard to Autism Acceptance as people still fantasize about a future in which we are eradicated from the species. Being able to reproduce will show others that we are a self-sustaining people and that will heavily undermine their narrative and force them to view us differently.
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Moonika said:
    As far as religion goes, as a skeptic position holder, and religious indoctrination survivor, I will do my best to bring notice to any fallacies of faith and unreasonable motives for indoctrination, if such a thing can be discussed here. 
    By the way, have you ever heard of The Theology of the Body? I have developed an interest in it and have begun studying it. I'm thinking of sharing with you a video on it that really perked my interest, but I won't share it just now.
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Claritas said:
    Prior to founding this group I first hung-out on Wrong Planet, and I imagine most of you can guess how that turned-out; after that I went onto Autism Forums and really enjoyed it and ultimately got inspired to found this group and look for ways to promote Autism Acceptance. Autism Forums used to be one of my, if not my, favourite forum sites, but something happened back in, I think it was February or maybe March that resulted in me indirectly being accused of something and having my reputation damaged, and from then on it’s been downhill ever since. Too be fair I’ve not been handling this in the best manner, I struggle a lot with anger issues and the like, but the people on there are also, not totally innocent and one guy in particular, I wouldn’t accuse him of being a bully, but the last thing he did which was like a week or two ago was quite, bully-ish. But ultimately I hope & pray things can go back to the way they were before, I hope to work on improving and repairing things when I return.
    I've decided I'll go back there as soon as next week and try to repair things. One of my devotions I have as a Catholic is a devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows, I like to meditate on how She forgives me despite the fact that my sins killed Her Son; yesterday afternoon, I got the inspiration to pray to Her for those on Autism Forums who harmed me and angered me, and thus I've been doing that and am now thinking about going back.

    I'll still be on here though, in fact I'm thinking of share some of the stories I've been working on, there's one book particular that I've been making progress with and I want to share the first chapter once I've cleaned things up with it.
  • Moonika said:
    Hello.
    WP turned out pretty bad for me too, mostly due to failure to satisfy my privacy on request. That in general is important to me, and at the time it was even more vital. It was a grander failure than I had expected, sometimes I can be gullible and carefree.


    I find the autistic childlike (not childish) mindset endearing.
    Unfortunately, many people take advantage of that.

  • MoonikaMoonika New Member, Member
    edited November 29
    Sheldon said:
    Moonika said:
    Hello.
    WP turned out pretty bad for me too, mostly due to failure to satisfy my privacy on request. That in general is important to me, and at the time it was even more vital. It was a grander failure than I had expected, sometimes I can be gullible and carefree.


    I find the autistic childlike (not childish) mindset endearing.
    Unfortunately, many people take advantage of that.

    I think I make a point of not worrying too, because if I would, there would be many things I wouldn't allow myself to experience. Part of being me is recognizing my anxiety for new situations, but also being way too optimistic, haha.   

    Your child-like fun and carefree focused personality made me understand that you are not fast to judge, are open minded and mature as well as easy-going, not stuck-up. From that assessment there's still a little gap on your knowledge which you also reject without having researched and I never expected that from you as a skeptic, like Baba Brinkman says "A skeptic without the ability to analyze is just as bad as a theist cause they'll probably believe a lie, Just as long as it verifies his biases, applying to his knowledge pool and diving in" but we're all gullible humans after all; and emotional selfishness with your pets which if it ever translates to me I will have to keep in mind to make sure you're not fulfilling your emotional needs under the belief they're actually mine too.  *Wink*

    Thankfully unlike pets I can speak for myself and you tend to listen to me and understand humans. 
  • MoonikaMoonika New Member, Member
    edited November 29
    Claritas said:
    Claritas said:
    Prior to founding this group I first hung-out on Wrong Planet, and I imagine most of you can guess how that turned-out; after that I went onto Autism Forums and really enjoyed it and ultimately got inspired to found this group and look for ways to promote Autism Acceptance. Autism Forums used to be one of my, if not my, favourite forum sites, but something happened back in, I think it was February or maybe March that resulted in me indirectly being accused of something and having my reputation damaged, and from then on it’s been downhill ever since. Too be fair I’ve not been handling this in the best manner, I struggle a lot with anger issues and the like, but the people on there are also, not totally innocent and one guy in particular, I wouldn’t accuse him of being a bully, but the last thing he did which was like a week or two ago was quite, bully-ish. But ultimately I hope & pray things can go back to the way they were before, I hope to work on improving and repairing things when I return.
    I've decided I'll go back there as soon as next week and try to repair things. One of my devotions I have as a Catholic is a devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows, I like to meditate on how She forgives me despite the fact that my sins killed Her Son; yesterday afternoon, I got the inspiration to pray to Her for those on Autism Forums who harmed me and angered me, and thus I've been doing that and am now thinking about going back.

    I'll still be on here though, in fact I'm thinking of share some of the stories I've been working on, there's one book particular that I've been making progress with and I want to share the first chapter once I've cleaned things up with it.
    I believe if you can forgive your enemies, you can heal. Forgiveness and understanding can take people far in the gambling table of life, but also not repeating the same mistake and giving them the benefit of the doubt once they've proven otherwise. Expecting their behavior to change is probably not realistic. 
  • MoonikaMoonika New Member, Member

    Claritas: "By the way, have you ever heard of The Theology of the Body? I have developed an interest in it and have begun studying it. I'm thinking of sharing with you a video on it that really perked my interest, but I won't share it just now."

    I'm glad you didn't post it just yet, that's good thinking. I'm enjoying our conversations and I didn't yet build the ability to post links lol. 
  • MoonikaMoonika New Member, Member
    edited November 29
    Claritas said:
    Moonika said:
    In terms of children as dreams, and women as satisfaction, I find that to be selfish and unrealistic, particularly if the people involved are autistic. I think romanticizing it could be a turn-off for most mature experienced women. Although faking is much worse.
    I do not intend to view my future wife as "satisfaction" just someone to accompany through life. As for children as "dreams," children are important because they will ensure our people and the human race as a whole, will keep going forward; this is important especially in regard to Autism Acceptance as people still fantasize about a future in which we are eradicated from the species. Being able to reproduce will show others that we are a self-sustaining people and that will heavily undermine their narrative and force them to view us differently.
    My opinion is genes are repeatable and unlike in the past, our instinct to breed is no longer of need as we've filled up the Earth. If you will, a duty to keep beings out of existence of the burden of life is also strong with me as I've seen the hardship it brings to our kind and beyond our kind.

    My genetic material is horrifying with diseases of all kinds, besides the fact I wouldn't be able to care for a child, I would save a soul and adopt if I could instead of selfishly reproducing and spreading genes like in a game of animal egg production. Luckily Sheldon doesn't want children either and cringes at the idea of humans suffering.

    But sadly the IQ is dropping due to the genetic pool available for breeding, not surprisingly the less gifted have taken the lead at breeding. Don't sleep with the mean and dumb would be a good rule of thumb when humans are messing with the Blue Planet's genetic pool, but people will manipulate each other so that's not easy.

    The more intellectual person isn't consumed with the desire to breed as much, statistically so that affects the future of the humankind. I would go even further and say the world and society is not built for the intelligent as much.

    Nature can be its own biggest enemy sometimes. It assumed survival of the species is superior to breeding horrible human beings, and that by doing that it will ensure its survival regardless of crisis, because it could adapt. It doesn't know any better than to choose the humans who are good at getting laid. 

    Many people reflect on the fact they didn't ask to be brought into existence in such a messed up world. 
  • Moonika said:

    Your child-like fun and carefree focused personality made me understand that you are not fast
    to judge,
    I find it both appalling and humorous how so many people jump to conclusions before the facts come in.
    Yes, they are simply servicing their biases.

    Some ppl prioritise their narratives.
    Some ppl prefer to respect the Truth.

  • MoonikaMoonika New Member, Member
    edited December 7
    Claritas said:
    Moonika said:
    As far as religion goes, as a skeptic position holder, and religious indoctrination survivor, I will do my best to bring notice to any fallacies of faith and unreasonable motives for indoctrination, if such a thing can be discussed here. 
    By the way, have you ever heard of The Theology of the Body? I have developed an interest in it and have begun studying it. I'm thinking of sharing with you a video on it that really perked my interest, but I won't share it just now.

    I'm enjoying a lot reading the critiques to the book, particularly Descartes and Kant's, but the others did so well too.

    Probably what they missed from their views is discussing how a view of extremes is in itself not useful to society and acceptance, that the only ones willing for a theocracy are the religiously brain washed aka iranians and the general societal iranians.

    In today's societies we can easier see the prevalence of developments or lack thereof, of the primal and instinctual theocracies. The way a political regime can force an entire country into self deprecating and kills its members for their disobedience. Women used to kill themselves in my country when the far left was denying the right to a huge health concern, abortion, and were illegally doing it anyway like grandma besides being outnumbered by the number of their children in their care, also like grandma. The human brain is so eronated, that was a psychopath taking leadership. Country's military had to eventually kill him as he went too far and their loyalties were with the people.

    The russian tsarina got herself in a wheelchair from birthing too many people for the throne of her country and was a lousy mother to her daughters because she could not provide quality mothership and presence in their lives before they were brutally murdered. People will keep repeating the same mistakes and never learn. That is why cults and religion are so dangerous individually but also on a large scale, where people are aware of the invalidity of the false moral rules, but forced upon them. That is why I want them to stop.

    The rejection of abortion causes a lot of health, death and financial issues to society and families to which the morally superior iranian will and can not take responsibility for. In that way, the whole idea as reality is extremely immature and does not allow for a diversity of human preferences and thinking. It is therefore not real nor sustainable in accordance with the functions of the Blue Planet and its inhabitants.

    The pope would have to do much better in understanding history, politics, psychology, nature and humanity to be convincing me.
  • ClaritasClaritas New Member, Member
    Moonika said:
    By the way, have you ever heard of The Theology of the Body? I have developed an interest in it and have begun studying it. I'm thinking of sharing with you a video on it that really perked my interest, but I won't share it just now.

    I'm enjoying a lot reading the critiques to the book, particularly Descartes and Kant's, but the others did so well too.

    Probably what they missed from their views is discussing how a view of extremes is in itself not useful to society and acceptance, that the only ones willing for a theocracy are the religiously brain washed aka iranians and the general societal iranians.

    In today's societies we can easier see the prevalence of developments or lack thereof, of the primal and instinctual theocracies. The way a political regime can force an entire country into self deprecating and kills its members for their disobedience. Women used to kill themselves in my country when the far left was denying the right to a huge health concern, abortion, and were illegally doing it anyway like grandma besides being outnumbered by the number of their children in their care, also like grandma. The human brain is so eronated, that was a psychopath taking leadership. Country's military had to eventually kill him as he went too far and their loyalties were with the people.

    The russian tsarina got herself in a wheelchair from birthing too many people for the throne of her country and was a lousy mother to her daughters because she could not provide quality mothership and presence in their lives before they were brutally murdered. People will keep repeating the same mistakes and never learn. That is why cults and religion are so dangerous individually but also on a large scale, where people are aware of the invalidity of the false moral rules, but forced upon them. That is why I want them to stop.

    The rejection of abortion causes a lot of health, death and financial issues to society and families to which the morally superior iranian will and can not take responsibility for. In that way, the whole idea as reality is extremely immature and does not allow for a diversity of human preferences and thinking. It is therefore not real nor sustainable in accordance with the functions of the Blue Planet and its inhabitants.

    The pope would have to do much better in understanding history, politics, psychology, nature and humanity to be convincing me.
    There is something to be said about the harmful effects of the sexual revolution, but that aside; while sexual morality is a large part of the Theology of the Body, this school of thought also touches on various other aspects of the human body and the human person, what got me interested is that it touches on some of my own, philosophical speculations about Autism which Christopher West unknowingly discusses in the video below (I should warn you, it's several hours long):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2edl_SqCuGA

    On a loosely related note, have you seen the prologue and chapter 1 of the novel I'm working on, I posted it on here; what are your thoughts on it?
  • SheldonSheldon Citizen
    Moonika said:

    The more intellectual person isn't consumed with the desire to breed as much, statistically so that affects the future of the humankind. I would go even further and say the world and society is not built for the intelligent as much.

    Nature can be its own biggest enemy sometimes. It assumed survival of the species is superior to breeding horrible human beings, and that by doing that it will ensure its survival regardless of crisis, because it could adapt. It doesn't know any better than to choose the humans who are good at getting laid. 

    Many people reflect on the fact they didn't ask to be brought into existence in such a messed up world. 
    I suggest ppl read Richard Dawkin's "The Selfish Gene".
    Mindless reproduction is something I have always had a problem with.
    The nonsense stops with me.

    Luckily for humanity, evolution has created a situation where rationality is usually trumped by the egocentric desire for pleasure-seeking and instinctual influences.
    Personally, I find the need for harvesting every shred of "bliss" possible quite curious.
    But yes, I do believe I am quite odd in this regard.

    Needless to say, I have never felt the need to engage in legal or illegal mood-enhancing drugs. Not to say I have a problem with anyone else indulging.
    I simply prefer to maintain my emotional equilibrium, which allows for greater rationality.

    There is one exception in regard to emotional indulgences.
    You. ;)
    "Hypocritical", perhaps...but I can live with that. 😎

Sign In or Register to comment.