Home General ASD

Poor peripheral vision

Is poor peripheral vision, or, at the other end, very good peripheral vision more common among autistic people? Have comments ever been made about your peripheral vision?

Comments

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    I have more visual processing issues. The standard peripheral vision test I pass becuase it is a plain background with dots appearing, but in the real world there is a lot more going on an in effect I'm not always able to filter things.

I do have right bias becuase a lazy left eye I'm told is actually a dominant right eye.

I make minimal use of my left eye. I can't do magic eye and the various form of 3d film I can do most of them. Being astigmatic, mean that there is no focal blur, two object at different distances are either near equally focus or everything is blurred. I don't really focus in on on thing at the exclusion of others.  For thsi reason my right eye take in most of my left and side as well as right so in a way, I have to have good peripheral vision in that eye. I also see that side of my nose. Though my brain sort of cuts it out.

I have been wearing glasses since I was two. I when through a period of wearing contact lenses, but stopped wearing them all the time only for active thing, then completely stopped. The lenses (toric) become uncomfortable over time, dry you eyes out. I spend my weekday in front of a computer screen, not worth wearing contacts.  
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    I had pretty good peripheral vision when I was a kid. My eyesight has gotten worse over time though, so it's not that great now.