Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

What made you happy today

Comments

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    I had a non-awkward social interaction. I am always very happy whenever I have an interaction like this.
  • This was a couple of weeks ago but I keep forgetting to type it in. Yo Yo Ma has a fantastic Master Class on Music. You don’t have to be a cellist or even a musician. It took my breath away, though it wasn’t apparent at first. It was a happy experience. 
    The blanket I've had since I was a newborn. It always brings me a lot of comfort, and I have no idea what I'd do without it as it's completely irreplaceable. Having it around makes me very happy.
  • Over the weekend, my husband cleared a bit of undergrowth out of the woods creating a new open space. I found three new kinds of trees, a royal fern, myrsine bushes. It was like walking in a fairy land. I’ll be able to hang my hammock in dappled shade under live oak trees. It is difficult for me to convey with words how much this means to me in terms of happiness. 
  • How wonderful blaze! I can almost imagine it, with little lanterns at night. Like an Arthur Rackham fairy painting.
  • A monarch butterfly was sipping from milkweed flowers while I sat in the sun on the side steps. Later, a great while heron swooped in, landed on the  opposite side of the pond and then walked upstream in the little creek. 

Yesterday, an otter was fishing in the pond and in the evening a green heron swooped in and muttered to himself constantly until he found the right place to settle for the night. 

Oh, and I have a yellow orchid blooming. 
  • Magical

• It's snowing ❄
  • In a struggle with Medicaid, today I found a supervisor who was like me, and cared, and stayed on the phone until the problem was fixed.
  • Bender said:
    It's snowing ❄
    Madly madly jealous. Enjoy!
  • Teach51Teach51 Citizen
    edited December 2021
    In a struggle with Medicaid, today I found a supervisor who was like me, and cared, and stayed on the phone until the problem was fixed.

It's always good to know that good people are around, as Statest was careful to point out in his post about his care workers. It keeps the spark of hope burning bright.

In a struggle with Medicaid, today I found a supervisor who was like me, and cared, and stayed on the phone until the problem was fixed.
    Good! I saw on WP that you said you've been trying to fix the issue for awhile, I'm glad it finally was resolved. Trying to remedy problems with insurance is frustrating as is, and it must be even more frustrating when you're trying to do it on behalf of a client.
  • My foster daughter is coming to visit on Saturday.  Her idea. She has not seen our “new” home. 
    It snowed a lot and it's still snowing.
  • 🙂 I remember being delighted at the great whiteness of falling snow and drifts of snow, and xc skiing. Makes me smile.

While the death of Desmond Tutu is sad, it impelled me to start reading his book on JOY with the Dalai Lama. It oozes happiness and joy so much it has filled me up too. I think that would have pleased him too.
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    My father met him the 80s and always admired his dedication to peace a reconciliation,.
  • I went to a difficult meeting and handled myself well.  
  • verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    I went to a difficult meeting and handled myself well.  

Nice!
  • blazingstarblazingstar Citizen
    edited December 2021
    I went to a difficult meeting and handled myself well.  
    Great! 

The eagle chicks have hatched. This eagle cam has been watching this nest for about 10 years.

https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/

I know the link is a real estate link. That’s because it is on his property.

• Five orchids are blooming.
  • My support group was helpful today 
  • Excellent. 

Today I saw a zebra swallow tail butterfly on my blooms. I love this dramatic long, narrow winged critter, with black and yellow stripes. 
    The snow melted yesterday, which sucked, but this afternoon it actually ended up snowing a little bit more.

I wish I lived somewhere where it snowed more often...
  • Hylian said:
    The snow melted yesterday, which sucked, but this afternoon it actually ended up snowing a little bit more.

Another strange year... we had 13C (55F) on New Year's Eve over here, and the whole last week looked more like November. Still does actually 😁
  • I had a good meeting with the behaviorist from my group home.  She said she is going to help me look for mental health resources.    
  • Dreams of canoe trips…
  • I saw the space station fly overheard. Bright and moving fast.
    I saw the space station fly overheard. Bright and moving fast.
    That's legit so cool!
    Malo likes the grass mat that we got him, and is pretty happy lately. He wasn't feeling well or playing much for a little while and it was worrying me, so it's nice that he's doing better.
  • I saw the space station fly overheard. Bright and moving fast.
    Awesome blaze🛰