Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

Had annual health check

BP was up compared to what it usually is. Had had quite bad backache waiting for my granddaughter to take me to have it done.

Comments

• BenderBender Citizen
    BP was up compared to what it usually is. Had had quite bad backache waiting for my granddaughter to take me to have it done.

Is your BP significantly high or just a bit higher than usual? We had a very stressful year (more than a year now) and it's taking a toll on everybody.

But I hope you get what you need to feel better 🙂
  • Thanks @Bender, It was around 115/80 last time it was done compared to 134/99 this time. 

I did find this.

How Chronic Back Pain Causes Hypertension

Chronic pain has a traumatic effect on our bodies. It’s connected to many different physical and psychological disorders, including hypertension. The systems that regulate pain and blood pressure are suspected to be linked, which may be the reason why sufferers of chronic back pain often exhibit multiple cardiovascular symptoms, including hypertension. Pain elevates blood pressure because of two biological responses that occur when your body experiences painful sensations:

1. Electrical pain signals sent out from the brain stimulates a continuous discharge of the sympathetic nervous system. This sympathetic discharge produces hypertension and tachycardia, or a pulse rate over 100 beats per minute.
    2. Another cause for high blood pressure caused by back pain is that pain signals the adrenal glands to release adrenaline, which subsequently causes pulse and blood pressure to rise.
    https://spineina.com/blog/back-pain-can-impact-blood-pressure/#:~:text=Pain elevates blood pressure because,of the sympathetic nervous system

If I walk more than a fairly short distance or stand too long the back pain kicks in . I'm OK back pain wise when sitting down.