Home Family Support

Caring for Others

2»

Comments

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

We actually do have medical insurance, but even with that certain treatments and even copays can be quite expensive, as not everything is covered. A lot of our money medical wise has been going towards medications we already have since our insurance has decided to stop covering quite a few of them. God bless the USA, right? lol

I just told her that she is definitely going to the doctor, because she seemed reluctant, and that I'll personally help her get dressed and everything if needed. She has other issues besides for her legs that she needs to start taking care of after this and if she goes to this appointment it should get the ball rolling on all of that.

The school has also been very helpful and their resource coordinator gave us the numbers to quite a few agencies. My mother called one of them and we're going to call the other few places today.

• Huge hugs. I'm so glad to hear this. I hope the appointment goes well and that she confides her anxiety to the doctor as well. This sounds like a turning point.

Wishing you all the best.

Thank you, Isa! I really hope the rest of your mothers radiation treatments go smoothly and that starting up with your daughter next week isn't too stressful.

• I stand corrected. The Physio Hospital is now locked down too. So I will be dropping her off and not entering either hospital anymore. WOOT!

My daughter has blood tests and other lab work for her Nephrologist and Rheumatologist next week, but the actual appointments will be online. I'm afraid of the possible results because she is already immunocompromised, but at least we don't have to go to any hospital appointments. She can do the lab work from home but the test centre is very sterile and may be a better option than having nurses in my house.

Sending more best wishes!

Oh, that's good to hear! That also makes it so you don't have to talk to your mother about not going inside with her, which is a whole other stressful situation avoided.

I'm glad she doesn't have to physically go to any appointments, since that's less for you both to worry about and probably saves on gas. I can see why you want to do the testing at the actual center, it'd be worrying to have nurses coming in around my family members and pets right now, especially since your daughter is immunocompromised. The nurses can keep their COVID to themselves at the testing center. lol

• I’ve cared for my mother in a minor sense for about 10 years now. She’s a very stubbornly independent person. She has Crohn’s Colitis (yes, that exists), and she’s 86 years old and slowing down a bit, though her mind is active,