Home Mind and Body Wellbeing

How Are You Today?

Comments

• BenderBender Citizen
    edited November 2020

Pretty relaxed. My wife showed me how to customise mask templates to fit your face better and I've spent some of my day making two silk masks - I'm going to be very sexy and posh now 😝

• Impressed ^ 😍

Meh.
    I talked to my doctor online for a medication increase, unrelated to feeling yucky today. BP is good, temperature is up to 100.1 and I still feel crummy but she didn't seem overly concerned about my flu symptoms. I'm hoping I can sleep it off.

• I hope you get a good night sleep and feel better tomorrow ❤

I recommend anybody who struggles with wearing masks to look into custom-made ones (maybe Etsy?) or at least different shapes and fabrics. I'm extremely surprised how much of a difference better fit and fabric can make.

• How are you feeling today, Isa?

• I feel somewhat blah, but generally alright.

• I'm feeling great.
    No friendship break up blues for me. 🙃

I think a lot has to do with the fact that I have been off caffeine for over 2 weeks, now, and have cut down on my sugar intake.
    I hope it lasts. 😎

• Good luck, Sheldon!

Today: Feverish, a little anxious.

• Yep, I'm still doing fine.
    It looks like my emotional stability is a "thing". X fingers.

The problems caffeine and sugar have caused me over most of my life. -slap head-
    In my twenties, I used to drink a 1.25 litre bottle of Pepsi each day, literally. 😱

Well, I finally learned. Better late than never. 😎

• Sad.

Because this. ^

• On top of the world.
    Almost 2 hours marching today, with the kids. 😎

• In pain. Turns out sleeping with your arm under the pillow is a great way to acquire a nice heaping of shoulder pain.

• @Isabella said:

Sad.

Because this. ^

Happy because of this:

😅

• Dispirited.

I think that's the best word considering I have a fever and flu, my face and eyelids have swollen from the chemotherapy cream to a point I can barely open my eyes, I'm bright red with scales, and it's causing a migraine. Not to mention a clogged sink and 7 days of bright sunshine coming right up.

Grumble.

• -comfort-

• Me, on the other hand, is doing goodly.
    Stay off the caffeine, and sugar, guys. ☕🍭

• Scared.

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

???

Just explained to my advisory teacher what's going on at home, since my dad is starting to threaten us in multiple ways and I need him off of my school account before he does something to it. Not really sure how I feel, but I'm shakey.

• ???

Do you wanna talk about it, Hylian?

I'm not comfortable going into a lot of specific details on here, but my dad has had legal trouble for the past year and has a no contact order towards my mom. He got caught violating it, so now he's blaming us and threatening to destroy our lives financially and in other ways.

Since he's not here I talked to my teacher after class about what I can do to get him removed as my "learning coach" for the online school I'm in, as he can basically unenroll me if he wants and he gets CC'd in every email I send and receive.

• Thanks for sharing what you did. I can relate, because MD's father is a similar personality. We've had countless numbers of legal problems with him over 20 years, and he has been destructive to MD's mental health too.

I'm very glad you talked to your teacher. That was a huge first step for you to feel more secure and to get appropriate guidance about the steps you can take. I'm sure it took a lot of guts and confidence to confide in your teacher. I hope they're going to be proactive and help protect you in whatever ways are needed.

Feel free to vent on PM if you ever feel the need, but I respect your privacy and wish you all the best.

Thank you, Isabella. My teacher was quite understanding and e-mailed my counselor about the issue, so my dad can't see the emails. He also gave us the link to a domestic violence group that my mother can call to get help financially and with our living situation.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to deal with similar behaviour, and I hope that you both are in a situation where you don't have to deal with that any more. I know how mentally taxing it can be.

• IsabellaIsabella Citizen
    edited November 2020

I think you might have said you live in California. Some of my cousins are school district superintendents and other high-ranking managerial positions in Thousand Oaks / Ventura and Huntington / Riverside. If you have a problem let me know and I'll fetch my tigers to pounce. (Emoji wanted).

We just finished our final round of court BS in July after he sued my daughter in 2019.

The garbage unfortunately never ends, but I'm pretty sure that was the last of it. They are entirely estranged now, which is heartbreaking for me, but it was his choice.

I'm so glad your teacher was supportive and that there are resources for you and your mother.

(( Sending hugs and support ))

• Happy and elated. Feels a bit weird but great.

• Sorry to hear about your troubles, Hylian, I'm glad your teacher is trying to help and hope the situation gets better for you and your family.

• Powering on, as per usual. 🙃

• TemTem Citizen

Hylian, I too hope your situation improves with school support.

They are there to help.

• IsabellaIsabella Citizen
    edited November 2020

I'm better than yesterday lol.

This is an example of how much my eyelids and face swelled up.

I couldn't open my eyes at all yesterday and had emergency intervention to avoid going to hospital for a possible allergic reaction.

I was able to see my Dermatologist today as well, finally.

I think I'm on the path to recovery.

Please note I am not a sumo wrestler and no, I don't weight 500 pounds. This was all massive inflammation of my eyelids and face from my medication. I actually have long lashes but you can't even tell because they're hidden by all that crazy swelling. It's finally starting to subside with oral and topical steroids.

• Good to hear it's on the mend, that looks painful and uncomfortable 😲

• It's been brutal. Even my nose swelled up. I look like someone used a bicycle pump on my face. Then of course the rash and all the blood-red welts on my forehead (not in the photos), and on my chest.

I go back next Monday to check on the swelling and on 30th to start biopsies of the lesions.

Fun wow. I'd still rather do this than have radiation like my mother is enduring.

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Thank you, Bender and Tem!

Isa, I hope your swelling subsides soon. It's good that you didn't have an allergic reaction.