Can't have more then one facbook account.

SlyFoxSlyFox Citizen, Member
edited February 24 in Random Discussion
I really want a 2nd one so that I can be free to be myself and comment on the autism pages I follow, but its against facbook rules. I kinda just want to delete my facbook over this. I cant post, i can't unfriend the people from work. I can't post as I don't want work people to know I have autism I'm trapped.

Comments

• Can you join private groups?  I joined a couple of private groups, and there's no trace of them on my normal account.   I don't post on my groups but I read the comments sometimes, and I still feel a sense of connection.  Even if I did post, it wouldn't show up on my regular account. 
  • SlyFoxSlyFox Citizen, Member
    the things are follow are just pages. I often want to point out that autistics grow up to be adults as they are solely focused on kids and its mostly just parents commenting about how special and great their kids are. I feel sorry knowing a lot their kids will grow up to be lonely depressed people like me and many other unwanted. those parents while well meaning will eventually die then what? when my mom dies I'll be alone.
    they could do a lot more for their kids today by accepting and helping adult autistics be accepted by society. as is they just repeating the cycle, their kids will be reading similar posts wishing they helped adults. its likely many of said parents wouldn't accept, date, befriend adult autistic people.
  • HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor
    Have you tried to make another Facebook using a new email before? I had one for family members and one for online friends before, but that was years ago so I don't know if that's still plausible.
  • Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor
    There is nothing wrong with multiple facebook accounts.Just use a different email and use the same name because millions of people have similar names.520 people have my exact name on Facebook and my name in not common like Joe Smith or something.Use a different email and don't connect it with a phone number and they'll be no problem.I know lots of people with several FB accounts
  • WulfniteWulfnite Citizen
    edited February 24
    I went so long without logging into FB it required me to go through some elaborate process to prove I was me. So I created a 2nd account. Then later on for whatever reason I was able to log into my first account normally. I think what it comes down to is if FB catches you using another account for nefarious purposes. 
  • OliOli Citizen
    I have an extra account I use for my, um, handicrafts.  Don't know if that's nefarious, but it separates my personal stuff from my 'business' stuff. I'd be embarrassed if people I knew irl knew what kind of things I do. (Nothing kinky, just a lot of fluffy, arty farty stuff.) I didn't have any problems making another account. I have the same email address for both.
    Facebook will shut down all nefarious account whether the person has two accounts or not.The only issue is accounts that violate FB rules not how many accounts one has
    Statest16 said:
    There is nothing wrong with multiple facebook accounts.Just use a different email and use the same name because millions of people have similar names.520 people have my exact name on Facebook and my name in not common like Joe Smith or something.Use a different email and don't connect it with a phone number and they'll be no problem.I know lots of people with several FB accounts
    problem is if someone sees profile that is same person and reports it as a hacker, facbook blocks both or all accounts. 
    Statest16 said:
    Facebook will shut down all nefarious account whether the person has two accounts or not.The only issue is accounts that violate FB rules not how many accounts one has
    having more then one account violates facebooks rules. they see a facebook account as a 2021 social security number or id. one account per real person.

"Facebook is a community where people use their authentic identities. It's against the Facebook Community Standards to maintain more than one personal account.

If you want to represent your business, organization, brand or product on Facebook, you can use your personal account to create and manage a Page. Keep in mind that a personal profile is for non-commercial use and represents an individual person. Learn more about converting your profile to a Page."

so its a case of just cause you can break a law doesn't mean you should.

pragmatically people friend friends and friend don't report friends,I have never heard of a primary account being closed over a secondary account.Not saying it has never happened but am saying no person I know with two or three accounts has ever had such an issue and I know many people with multiple accounts
  • Mona_PerethMona_Pereth Citizen
    edited February 24
    Isabella said:
    Can you join private groups?  I joined a couple of private groups, and there's no trace of them on my normal account.   I don't post on my groups but I read the comments sometimes, and I still feel a sense of connection.  Even if I did post, it wouldn't show up on my regular account. 

If you were to post in a private Facebook group using your regular account, there's nothing stopping another member of the group from doxxing you, either deliberately or unintentionally.  They could, for example, post a screenshot of one of your posts in some public post and then comment on it, using your legal name.  This then would be accessible via Google.
    Statest16 said:
    pragmatically people friend friends and friend don't report friends,I have never heard of a primary account being closed over a secondary account.Not saying it has never happened but am saying no person I know with two or three accounts has ever had such an issue and I know many people with multiple accounts
    some guy made a account using my grandmas name and pictures. we reported it to facbook who closed both that account and her real account. how will your freiends know its you and not someone pretending to be you? then theres the assholes who look and research into people so they can find something to use against you cause you beat them in a argument on facbook, who will gladly report you. I've had such bullying happen to me. they went and found a picture of me from 10 years ago to-use to make fun of me. posted in in comments of another thing to "discredit me by bullying"
    I have never heard of anything like that,sorry you went through that.
    edited February 24
    Statest16 said:

I've known a couple of people who were suddenly required by Facebook to upload a scan of their photo ID to prove their identity.  Facebook does this sort of thing occasionally and unpredictably.
    edited February 24
    SlyFox said:
    Statest16 said:
    some guy made a account using my grandmas name and pictures. we reported it to facbook who closed both that account and her real account.

That's really annoying, that they would close her real account too.  But not surprising, given how gigantic Facebook is, and given that the users aren't Facebook's customers.  (Its customers are advertisers, and its product is users' data and eyeballs.)

SlyFox said:

then theres the assholes who look and research into people so they can find something to use against you cause you beat them in a argument on facbook, who will gladly report you. I've had such bullying happen to me. they went and found a picture of me from 10 years ago to-use to make fun of me. posted in in comments of another thing to "discredit me by bullying"

This kind of harassment is rather commonplace, alas.

Posting political opinions under one's legal name is generally a bad idea, unless one is getting paid to do so.
  • Isabella said:
    Can you join private groups?  I joined a couple of private groups, and there's no trace of them on my normal account.   I don't post on my groups but I read the comments sometimes, and I still feel a sense of connection.  Even if I did post, it wouldn't show up on my regular account. 

If you were to post in a private Facebook group using your regular account, there's nothing stopping another member of the group from doxxing you, either deliberately or unintentionally.  They could, for example, post a screenshot of one of your posts in some public post and then comment on it, using your legal name.  This then would be accessible via Google.

Good point.  Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm very cautious and haven't posted anything.  

I don't even use my regular Facebook account to post anything. I only keep it so I can have access to Messenger, to chat with a few international family members.   Is it possible to use Messenger without having a proper FB account?  
    don't think so isa.
  • If by Messenger you mean WhatsApp, you can use it without having a Facebook account, all you need is a phone number. I don't know if they have another messenger though.