Home Introductions

Hello all, I am Tem.

Like a lot of people on here I am very much a nature lover. Animals and my garden give me pleasure.

I was living alone until about 18 months ago my mum came to live with me as she is frail and wobbly on her feet. So she is under my care and a lot safer than she was.

It was only a few years ago that I was diagnosed in my 40's so I feel as though I am still getting used to being ASD.

My worst sensory issue is my eyes and my love of reading is quite difficult these days - I am slow. Light makes me feel unwell.

This site is going to be so much of a lifeboat for a lot of us.

Take care all.

Comments

• I'm so glad to have you here Temmy. You've been such a good friend to me in the past two years I don't know what I'd do without you. ❤

Big hugs to you and your ma. I hope we can continue to trudge through our ups and downs together.

I looked for a picture of a dragon in a boat but could only find actual dragonboats. That would be fun too!

• TemTem Citizen

It would be like the owl and the pussycat went to sea, lol.

We will have more happy times ahead my friend.

Thanks for being my lovely.

• Save_FerrisSave_Ferris Citizen, Member

Welcome Tem 🤪

• Welcome to the jungle er forum.

• Welcome Tem!

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Welcome Tem 🙂

Glad to have you here, I can relate to getting used to being ASD, it's a funny one, because we've always been this way.

Who knows... perhaps we will sight land.

• Welcome, Tem :)

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Welcome, Tem!

Are there any plants blooming in your garden this season that you're particularly proud of?

• TemTem Citizen

Oh, thanks Hylian, that is a good question.

I did have some beautiful double blooms of red poppy this year but I do like calafornia poppies and they are there every year.

My caenothus looks particularly stunning with all the bees around spring time.

What is your favourite flower or plant?

• TemTem Citizen

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. 😁

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

@Tem said:
    Oh, thanks Hylian, that is a good question.

I did have some beautiful double blooms of red poppy this year but I do like calafornia poppies and they are there every year.

My caenothus looks particularly stunning with all the bees around spring time.

What is your favourite flower or plant?

Aw, caenothus are so pretty. I'm glad that it sounds like your garden is thriving. :)

I don't think I have a favourite plant. We are going to plant some peonies where our dog is buried though, so I'll just say those. lol

• TemTem Citizen

Ah, bless, I am sure your dog had a great life with you in it.

You enriched each others life.

I still miss my past dogs and always will - they are family.

• Hi Tem.

I'm glad your mother is under your care.

• TemTem Citizen

@kraftiekortie said:
    Hi Tem.

I'm glad your mother is under your care.

Thanks Kraftie, she is doing well.