Check my music

In the Beethoven birthday thread Karamozov posted a link to music I wrote,listen and see what you think.
It was originally for guitar and cello but was performed on two guitars by the Beall & Finch duo.

When you get to the link page click download and then just play the download,fairly simple

Comments

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen

can you link it here?

Very good. Bravo!

I found it relaxing.

What kind of training do you have?

• Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor

@verity said:
    can you link it here?

I'm not good with links,KZ posted it.Maybe mods could transfer the post with the recording to this thread.

@verity said:
    Very good. Bravo!

I found it relaxing.

What kind of training do you have?

Years old music lessons but never went to conservatory(music or art college) or anything.

Glad you enjoyed it,thank you🙂

• I liked it Statest. Reminds me of rain for some reason. Think it would sound great with cello also.Well done you! I am impressed.

@Teach51 said:
    I liked it Statest. Reminds me of rain for some reason. Think it would sound great with cello also.Well done you! I am impressed.

Thank you much🙂

Thank you Verity

• Prometheus81Prometheus81 Citizen, Member

It's a neat little study in counterpoint. Have you written anything else, or had anything performed formally?

@Prometheus81 said:
    It's a neat little study in counterpoint. Have you written anything else, or had anything performed formally?

I have many many works for many instruments and ensembles,two suites for full orchestra and 4 or so concertos,the best being the "Double concerto for viola and cello"

Other than me playing my own piano music myself at a family funeral or wedding or something,no I have never been performed.

I like the tone, I don't know anything about music theory, but that occurs to me.

@verity said:
    I like the tone, I don't know anything about music theory, but that occurs to me.

Yes the tone is good and has soft sweet sound with just enough dissonance to add a little spice,the voicing would be better with the cello it works with two guitars.

As far a theory I used the Phrygian mode more than diatonic major or minor but Phrygian is close to E minor

• Hey, that's really cool, I didn't know you make music 🙂

Very relaxing, and a cello would sound fantastic in there indeed.

@Bender said:
    Hey, that's really cool, I didn't know you make music 🙂

Thanks Bender,glad you liked it.

• @Statest16 said:

@Bender said:

Were you a professional musician in the past or is it a hobby?

@Bender said:

@Statest16 said:

@Bender said:

I have never been a professional musician but more serious than a hobby

• @Statest16 said:

@Bender said:

@Statest16 said:

@Bender said:

I'm always glad to see people investing significant time and effort in something they're passionate about, even if it doesn't bring them money 👍

It's really depressing how many people value great skills or talent less if they aren't monetised.

@Bender said:

@Statest16 said:

@Bender said:

@Statest16 said:

@Bender said:

I'm always glad to see people investing significant time and effort in something they're passionate about, even if it doesn't bring them money 👍

It's really depressing how many people value great skills or talent less if they aren't monetised.

Yes indeed,you really can't make a living off composition unless you teach or do film scores.

• Your work is beautiful, Statest.

WIth your permission, I'd like to share it with a friend who composes classical and Spanish guitar.

@Isabella said:
    Your work is beautiful, Statest.

WIth your permission, I'd like to share it with a friend who composes classical and Spanish guitar.

Absolutely,yes please share

Thanks Is

• I feel the influence of the Baroque. I sense this would have sounded great in harpsichord,

If I compare your piece to Stravinsky, I would think that Stravinsky is really “out there.”

@kraftiekortie said:
    I feel the influence of the Baroque. I sense this would have sounded great in harpsichord,

If I compare your piece to Stravinsky, I would think that Stravinsky is really “out there.”

I'm greatly inspired by ancient music,combined with the modern

• I find “Rhapsody in Blue” to be an interesting synthesis of the classical and the modern.

People like Bartok incorporated their ethnic vernacular music into the classical structure.

@kraftiekortie said:
    I find “Rhapsody in Blue” to be an interesting synthesis of the classical and the modern.

People like Bartok incorporated their ethnic vernacular music into the classical structure.

Bartok loved the folk music of southern Transylvania and that was is biggest influence.Sadly for the proudly Hungarian Bartok his area of growing up and primary living (southern Transylvania) is now part of Romania.