Homeโ€บ Introductions

A bit about me, myself and I as a hello there! :-)

2ยป

Comments

• DeepthoughtDeepthought Citizen
    edited December 2020

@blazingstar said:

@Deepthought said:

@blazingstar said:
    ^You remembered! I am so flattered. I have some gardening stuff posted here.

Well I actually read that thread here about a week or so ago, so it was rather fresh in my memory at the time of writing, but at the time I was recalling most particularly that you rather liked my informative nature and passion for a good discussion.

I was also recalling I think the first discussion we participated in together on the subject of neurotypical people being disabled rather than ourselves ~ with me stating that it was more a case of everyone being 'otherwise enabled', as people have to be able in the first place to become disabled through illness or accident ~ such as with amputations and all that.

You then added with a similar opinion several posts later that the paradigm needed to be shaken up, as everyone has something to offer.

@blazingstar said:
    In WP the gardening thread has a bit about my canoe trip to the Buffalo River in Arkansas in October. I should post some pictures here. It is just difficult for me to work with photos, get them loaded to imgur, resized and placed. ie, I can't do it from my ipad lying in bed. :-)

I just used 'my canoe trip to the Buffalo River in Arkansas in October' to search for your thread on Wrong Planet; found the link for it right away which was an infinitely massive surprise as I normally have to trawl through loads and loads of them ~ but upon tapping on the link the new screen-tab read 'Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead' ~ and I was deterred from going any further.

Ah well, your arising, photographic resizing and posting here is keenly being anticipated! ๐Ÿ‘

You are so honest. I really appreciate that. As I recall, I was terribly impressed with your mind and ability to articulate the issue. I work with people with developmental disabilities and most do not have attributes that most people consider valuable. I have known some of them for 20 years and they all have their loveable, valuable abilities. Even the ones with profound physical and intellectual disabilities.

Yes, most definitely! It is when we and other's facilitate and affirm the most loveable qualities of people that their character develops more wholly and integrally in a much more stable and productive way.

@blazingstar said:
    So, I have posted a few photos from the Buffalo River in "Anything goes" and my garden in the gardening thread. Your interest prompted me to post the photos. I do have a problem with them and they may be too big, but I couldn't get the smaller photos to upload. I suppose I could also work on my avatar. ๐Ÿ™‚

I cannot as yet seem to find the "Anything goes" thread on this website of forums ~ could you inform me perhaps of which of the forums it is to be found in, as everything went technologically wrong here for me over the last couple of days, and I have been too burnt out to go trawling to any productive extent?

I must state though that I really really liked your photograph of this flower's geometrical clusterings;

And the angles of dangle suggesting three dimensionality in this image have been captured to a very impressive and astonishing degree:

edited December 2020

@Isabella said:
    Welcome to NV, Deepthought. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you @Isabella, it is very nice indeed to be here with you and all! Well a total bonus actually. ๐Ÿ‘

As perhaps might be of "some" interest to you, and as not to do too many spoilers for those who have not read it yet, I started reading a particular highly placed tempestuous novel where my inner critic was just not accepting Mr A-closed-mass-of-trees as a male character, and I was really struggling to enjoy it as a full on good read. I get this problem with films also, but once after Mr A's getting home from having been snowed in with the Maelstrom family, and the first visitor started explaining things, the novel just started balancing out and coming alive as the central focus shifted from Mr A to the Maelstroms and, your name-sake Isabella Chocolates! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Oh my whole life ~ my inner critic was converted like as if a nihilist to a devoutly compassionate theist with missionary zeal, and we read with complete and utter total immersion, until alas chapter seven when Spring happened with seizures aplenty followed by Summer and seizures aplenty more, and I was too fragged and shot away to read any books, ๐Ÿคช

So with Winter on the go and the seizures calming down from up to several times a day when it's hot and stressy, to more generally just several times a week now, the book in question is at the top of the pile to read (Blue Hardback Penguin Classics job, Edited and Notes by Pauline Nestor, and Preface by Lucasta Miller) from the start again (but only as far as the novel itself is concerned), so that discussion about it we discussed having a year or two ago if you're still up for it could be a goer perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• @Bender said:
    Welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you very much @Bender ~ I must say I do like your present avatar image :

It is very befitting with my darkscreen settings, and rather appealingly Bhuddhish. ๐Ÿ˜

• Glad you like it, I'm following my daughter's recommendation to get less stress and more peace in my life ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's nice to see you here, I hope you'll enjoy it ๐Ÿ™‚

• LOL....that avatar looks like a combination of the Martian on Bugs Bunny, the Frog in Courageous Cat (because of the cigar and teeth), and the Buddha. It's cool in a rather expansive sense.

edited December 2020

@Tem said:
    Hello Deepthought,

Hello @Tem. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Tem said:
    Glad you are here to add to the discussions.

It is rather nice to have a rich tapestry of different perspectives. โฃ

@Tem said:
    I would like to hear more about the other consciousness experimental stuff - is that meditation? A higher awareness?

As involving meditation - it does yes. There are quite a lot of meditations that can be done, but in principle the most essential are breathing techniques.

The one I use is chest and pelvis centred energy breathing, where one gently pulls fresh energy down from the centre of the chest into the pelvis with each in-breath, and with each out-breath one gently pushes stale energy down into the centre of the Earth through the feet.

One can additionally whilst standing, walking or running imagine that the in-breaths are sucking the feet to the floor, and that the out-breaths are rooting the feet elastically into the earth ~ whilst also imagining that the planet is a treadmill that rolls smoothly under the feet in whichever direction one is heading.

Free-diver's (that don't use oxygen tanks) use this technique to achieve greater depths and walkers and runners to improve distances and times, although if you're up for it be prepared as some people can find the treadmill effect quite strange at first ~ so don't go far to start with it at first. Start small in all new endeavours and all that.

Chest and pelvic centred breathing can also help to reduce the intensity, duration and regularity of meltdowns, or in my case seizures, shut-downs and lock-ins. Here follows a link to a paper on a variant of this exercise for aggressive autistic teens:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/251704720_A_mindfulness-based_strategy_for_self-management_of_aggressive_behaviour_in_adolescents_with_Autism/

In regard to involving a higher state of awareness ~ yes that is the case, in that most people's functional base is the Imaginal centre situated within the midriff ~ whilst their awareness is projected into their head up to their eyes (like as if the driver of a car with their face pushed up to the windscreen over the steering wheel), which involves the sense of their embodiments being reduced from seven dimensional direct functioning status to three (see table below) ~ with the remaining four operating indirectly (as represented in standard text):

7.) Rational
    6.) Sentimental
    5.) Communicational
    4.) Emotional
    3.) Imaginal
    2.) Reproductional
    1.) Sensational

As such the majority of humans only really use their intestinal brain directly ~ and their cardial and cerebral brains are effectively on standby / support mode, most of the time. Plato's 'Cave Analogy' as featured in his book 'The Republic' which was written around 375 BC covers this experiential state of affairs very well indeed:

http://web.stanford.edu/class/ihum40/cave.pdf

As is well depicted and summarised via the following link:

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-allegory-of-the-cave-120330

@Tem said:
    Perhaps we could get a thread going in science tech and psychology ?

We could indeed. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Did or do you have something in mind possibly?

• TemTem Citizen

@Deepthought said:

@Tem said:
    Hello Deepthought,

Hello @Tem. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Tem said:

@Tem said:
    I would like to hear more about the other consciousness experimental stuff - is that meditation? A higher awareness?

As involving meditation - it does yes. There are quite a lot of meditations that can be done, but in principle the most essential are breathing techniques.

The one I use is chest and pelvis centred energy breathing, where one gently pulls fresh energy down from the centre of the chest into the pelvis with each in-breath, and with each out-breath one gently pushes stale energy down into the centre of the Earth through the feet.

One can additionally whilst standing, walking or running imagine that the in-breaths are sucking the feet to the floor, and that the out-breaths are rooting the feet elastically into the earth ~ whilst also imagining that the planet is a treadmill that rolls smoothly under the feet in whichever direction one is heading.

Free-diver's (that don't use oxygen tanks) use this technique to achieve greater depths and walkers and runners to improve distances and times, although if you're up for it be prepared as some people can find the treadmill effect quite strange at first ~ so don't go far to start with it at first. Start small in all new endeavours and all that.

Chest and pelvic centred breathing can also help to reduce the intensity, duration and regularity of meltdowns, or in my case seizures, shut-downs and lock-ins. Here follows a link to a paper on a variant of this exercise for aggressive autistic teens:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/251704720_A_mindfulness-based_strategy_for_self-management_of_aggressive_behaviour_in_adolescents_with_Autism/

In regard to involving a higher state of awareness ~ yes that is the case, in that most people's functional base is the Imaginal centre situated within the midriff ~ whilst their awareness is projected into their head up to their eyes (like as if the driver of a car with their face pushed up to the windscreen over the steering wheel), which involves the sense of their embodiments being reduced from seven dimensional direct functioning status to three (see table below) ~ with the remaining four operating indirectly (as represented in standard text):

7.) Rational
    6.) Sentimental
    5.) Communicational
    4.) Emotional
    3.) Imaginal
    2.) Reproductional
    1.) Sensational

As such the majority of humans only really use their intestinal brain directly ~ and their cardial and cerebral brains are effectively on standby / support mode, most of the time. Plato's 'Cave Analogy' as featured in his book 'The Republic' which was written around 375 BC covers this experiential state of affairs very well indeed:

@Tem said:

We could indeed. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Now I am thinking the mind/body wellbeing section and copy this over as it is very good research and explanations of how or why meditation can work.
    I think too many people do not trust that breathing techniques will help their difficulties or bring better health.
    What do you say?

edited December 2020

@Tem said:

@Deepthought said:

@Tem said:
    Hello Deepthought,

Hello @Tem. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Tem said:

@Tem said:

7.) Rational
    6.) Sentimental
    5.) Communicational
    4.) Emotional
    3.) Imaginal
    2.) Reproductional
    1.) Sensational

@Tem said:

We could indeed. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Now I am thinking the mind/body wellbeing section and copy this over as it is very good research and explanations of how or why meditation can work.

Well It was only written as a rough draft rather than as such a finished piece ~ so the subject matter change is not a problem in itself, but rather than as a copy and paste job ~ it needs a bit of tidying up methinks.

@Tem said:
    I think too many people do not trust that breathing techniques will help their difficulties or bring better health.

People tend in general to trust who and what they know experientially by consensus (Groupthink), and given that idealism (as in contrast to pragmatism) and suffocation (as in contrast to oxygenation) is the majority consensus in western society to inhibit rational behaviour (what with irrational spending / compulsive shopping being so economically and industrially productive in the short term) ~ it does rather take some time before experiential trust or familiarity with a healthy breathing technique develops as a regular or continual activity for those who do as such aspire.

Any society though that facilitates shallow breathing practices has the following to some extent going on within such members:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRmmFn5BrCY
    As is basically summarised in behaviour resembling this to subtle degrees:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MI9UiYwJA
    Hence it is not at all unusual that people as such have great difficulty changing their behaviour, I mean it is not as if they have a breathing mask and an oxygen supply ready to use or anything, bless them.

@Tem said
    What do you say?

If you can forgive my literalism ~ nothing when I am writing as I do not have a voice to text application on my laptop. Might you have such an 'app' or is your question just a figure of text?

I often wonder and on occasion inquire if people have voice to text and text to voice tech or are just writing as if they are speaking, given that perhaps it is more viable to do so in case written contextualisations carry over into the spoken variety as it does and possibly has here in the written, unless I am mistaken?

• TemTem Citizen

@Deepthought

You are not mistaken, I often write on social sites as I speak because it is usually easier for a brief exchange.

Shall we post on this subject on one of the above mentioned threads?

edited December 2020

@Tem said:
    @Deepthought

You are not mistaken, I often write on social sites as I speak because it is usually easier for a brief exchange.

Many people do it seems which makes particular sense when it comes to having a narrow or singular range of focus or attention, so that the linguistic architectures of thought match with the behavioural constructs of words ~ although the linguistic pedant in me still campaigns for quotations etcetera to involve "@Tem stated:" rather than " @Tem said:" ~ and such like.

The reality that website forums are for some the only social interaction they can have with people who can identify, facilitate and affirm things with them just makes the write as you speak methodology more sensible. What we learn here works elsewhere so don't muck around with the format and all that, keeping in mind that some are of course more literal something like myself or even more so possibly.

@Tem said:

Perhaps as you suggested in the 'Mind and Body Wellbeing' discussions section, once I have integrated the two meditation posts and tidied them up some ~ then I can post here with a link once I have the other thread on the go, unless of course you have any other suggestions maybe?

• TemTem Citizen

@Deepthought said:

@Tem said:
    @Deepthought

Many people do it seems which makes particular sense when it comes to having a narrow or singular range of focus or attention, so that the linguistic architectures of thought match with the behavioural constructs of words ~ although the linguistic pedant in me still campaigns for quotations etcetera to involve "@Tem stated:" rather than " @Tem said:" ~ and such like.

The reality that website forums are for some the only social interaction they can have with people who can identify, facilitate and affirm things with them just makes the write as you speak methodology more sensible. What we learn here works elsewhere so don't muck around with the format and all that, keeping in mind that some are of course more literal something like myself or even more so possibly.

@Tem said:

Perhaps as you suggested in the 'Mind and Body Wellbeing' discussions section, once I have integrated the two meditation posts and tidied them up some ~ then I can post here with a link once I have the other thread on the go, unless of course you have any other suggestions maybe?

My only suggestion is let us get started on the new thread! Yay.

I will continue to write as I speak but I am also aware that some of the things I might want to say could be confusing for those who are more literal.

edited December 2020

@Tem said:

@Deepthought said:

@Tem said:
    @Deepthought

@Tem said:

My only suggestion is let us get started on the new thread! Yay.

Okay then ~ I will combine and rewrite the posts and leave a link hereafter when the thread is ready.

@Tem said:
    I will continue to write as I speak but I am also aware that some of the things I might want to say could be confusing for those who are more literal.

Conversely I would love to speak as I write ~ without that is having to redact, abridge and edit everything in order to make it easier for others to grasp conceptually, but hey hoe such is life as being otherwise.

edited December 2020

As promised @Tem (and anybody else who may be interested) ~ one link to the new thread "Deep and Gentle Pelvic Breathing" ~ in 'Mind Body Wellbeing':

https://neurovoice.org/discussion/294/deep-and-gentle-pelvic-breathing/p1?new=1

• @Deepthought said:

@Isabella said:

Thank you @Isabella, it is very nice indeed to be here with you and all! Well a total bonus actually. ๐Ÿ‘

As perhaps might be of "some" interest to you, and as not to do too many spoilers for those who have not read it yet, I started reading a particular highly placed tempestuous novel where my inner critic was just not accepting Mr A-closed-mass-of-trees as a male character, and I was really struggling to enjoy it as a full on good read. I get this problem with films also, but once after Mr A's getting home from having been snowed in with the Maelstrom family, and the first visitor started explaining things, the novel just started balancing out and coming alive as the central focus shifted from Mr A to the Maelstroms and, your name-sake Isabella Chocolates! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Oh my whole life ~ my inner critic was converted like as if a nihilist to a devoutly compassionate theist with missionary zeal, and we read with complete and utter tot๐Ÿ˜…al immersion, until alas chapter seven when Spring happened with seizures aplenty followed by Summer and seizures aplenty more, and I was too fragged and shot away to read any books, ๐Ÿคช

So with Winter on the go and the seizures calming down from up to several times a day when it's hot and stressy, to more generally just several times a week now, the book in question is at the top of the pile to read (Blue Hardback Penguin Classics job, Edited and Notes by Pauline Nestor, and Preface by Lucasta Miller) from the start again (but only as far as the novel itself is concerned), so that discussion about it we discussed having a year or two ago if you're still up for it could be a goer perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Deepthought ,
    LMAO - I just saw this post now and apologise for not responding sooner. That summary is priceless! Yes Mr A and Miss Holier-than-Thou are both infuriating with their biases and unreliable narration. You're correct that the snowstorm is a metaphor for confusion: for losing one's bearings as a character but also as a reader, thrust headlong in blinders unto the curious microcosm of this thorny, perverse, and oft-alliterated heathen-clan. I'm glad I could be of service to you with an extra helping of chocolate, and a penguin to boot. Ms Miller, Ms Alexander, and Ms Davies of the Stevie variety would be stellar tour guides for your return to the cliff, weather and neurological performance permitting. I will meet you in the preface when time and health avail themselves upon our good names.

• @Isabella said:

@Deepthought said:

@Isabella said:

Oh my whole life ~ my inner critic was converted like as if a nihilist to a devoutly compassionate theist with missionary zeal, and we read with complete and utter tot๐Ÿ˜…al immersion, until alas chapter seven when Spring happened with seizures aplenty followed by Summer and seizures aplenty more, and I was too fragged and shot away to read any books, ๐Ÿคช

@Deepthought ,
    LMAO - I just saw this post now and apologise for not responding sooner.

Not even an issue ~ I have no sense of time passing and I just deal with events as and when I am able, so all good things in good time and all that.

@Deepthought ,
    That summary is priceless!

I am really glad that you liked the word association play around ~ as that pleasure has not otherwise been available on this website; in that I really don't like starting discussions and have not started enough to unlock the games forums yet.

@Isabella said:
    Yes Mr A and Miss Holier-than-Thou are both infuriating with their biases and unreliable narration. You're correct that the snowstorm is a metaphor for confusion: for losing one's bearings as a character but also as a reader, thrust headlong in blinders unto the curious microcosm of this thorny, perverse, and oft-alliterated heathen-clan.

I actually thought of the snowstorm more as being an analogy for the greater and darker storm going on inside the house, with the eye of the storm being a volcanic contradiction. One of those confusion within and certainty without states of affairs regarding natural and human orders sort of thing.

@Isabella said:
    I'm glad I could be of service to you with an extra helping of chocolate, and a penguin to boot.

[All happily surprised!] Do you recall Penguin chocolate biscuit bars from the UK . . . and or do you get them where you are too?

@Isabella said
    Ms Miller, Ms Alexander, and Ms Davies of the Stevie variety would be stellar tour guides for your return to the cliff, weather and neurological performance permitting. I will meet you in the preface when time and health avail themselves upon our good names.

I am going to skip the preface as it goes, as I do not need my inner critic all warmed up and on the go again. Blimey no! I am just going to get into a pleasant dissociative 'wide-open' state of mind, and there in and after let the story and nothing but the story serve as reality ~ for the durations of the books reading. I might do the preface after possibly.