Home Introductions

Hello everyone!

Woman here with moderate autism/Aspergers, officially diagnosed in 2014 at age 29. I just turned 36 years old earlier this month. I'm happily married, plan for my first child next year with my beloved, and we have two cats: a female adult cat, and now also a new male kitten as of last month (he's a handful, but he's cute, and the female adult cat has taken to 'mothering' him with all that entails!).

I enjoy reading (everything--I graduated with a degree in English), large jigsaw puzzles, basketball, Animal Crossing, music (electronic, jazz, prog rock, some classical, etc.), video games (Animal Crossing, NBA 2K, etc.), and collecting trading cards (I have a large basketball card collection that I've carefully catalogued/organized).

Anything else about me, just ask :)

Comments

• Nice to meet you! Thanks for joining us here!

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Welcome to the forum. The fact your cat mothers the kitten you got is so cute!

• SheldonSheldon Citizen
    edited November 2020

You sound too normal. Come back when you are broken. -joke- 🙃

• @Sheldon said:

lol oh I'm not! I can "pass" as NT on good days where everything is baseline, and there's no nuance to figure out socially -- but the minute something unexpected happens, or the socialization gets complex, I have gotten fired, had explosive meltdowns, lost all friends, and have had the police thoroughly question me for bizarre behavior.

My beloved says I've gotten better over the years at managing frustration, stress, and the unexpected, but I still need to work at it a lot. And I still have moments. :|

• @ting1984 said:

@Sheldon said:

lol oh I'm not! I can "pass" as NT on good days where everything is baseline, and there's no nuance to figure out socially -- but the minute something unexpected happens, or the socialization gets complex, I have gotten fired, had explosive meltdowns, lost all friends, and have had the police thoroughly question me for bizarre behavior.

That's better.
    You had me worried, for a second.
    You may stay. 😎|

• Welcome ting1984!

• Welcome to the forum it's nice to see you here 🙂

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen
    edited November 2020

Hi ting1984, welcome to Neurovoice ☺
    Your female cat sounds like she has a caring temperament, its lovely to see animals adopt younger ones.
    I remember my childhood dog used to mother new kittens we had over the years.

• Welcome ting1984. I am glad you are here.

• SheldonSheldon Citizen
    edited November 2020

😲

• What kind of 'ting' do you think she is? 🤔🙃

• TemTem Citizen

Hello Ting, Your cats are adorable and how sweet it must be to see them so loving towards each other. That mother cat seems to be looking out for you too lol.

• Thanks all!

• Welcome ting!

Your kitties are purrfect. I hope you share more photos when you can.

• I want to scratch them behind their ears....

• @ting1984 said:
    Thanks all!

OK, I need to know.
    How did you come across the name "ting"? 🤔
    Is it an actual name, in some countries?

• Good question! Around 2008-2009, I started calling myself a "little thing" since I'm short and don't have much influence in the world. To make it sound even smaller, I said the word "thing" like a child who is still learning "th" sounds, so it came out like "ting." It stuck, and it's been my nickname ever since.

It is an actual name in some other countries as well. The church denomination I go to has some connections in China, and one of the women there is named Ting.

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen

Welcome 🙂

• Many “accents” don’t pronounce “th” “properly”—-including the NYC accent.

• I’m short, and have little influence in the world as well 😉

• @ting1984 said:
    Good question! Around 2008-2009, I started calling myself a "little thing" since I'm short and don't have much influence in the world. To make it sound even smaller, I said the word "thing" like a child who is still learning "th" sounds, so it came out like "ting." It stuck, and it's been my nickname ever since.

It is an actual name in some other countries as well. The church denomination I go to has some connections in China, and one of the women there is named Ting.

It sounded like an Asian name to me, initially.

You may not know this yet, but I am roooly smart. 😎
    You have been warned. 🙃

• Ling Ting Tong, by the Five Keys, from 1954, is an interesting song.

• I like your nick name, Ting. And your kitties.

My cats should be so well,behaved. 😇

• You sound like a lovely ting to me, the world is very lucky to have you in it.

• Thanks :) The little kitten, Royal, still needs to learn boundaries with his new cat "mom," as Mallory still has to growl, hiss, and swat him at times when he gets a little too exuberant in his "play." But when relaxed, they snuggle together on their bean bags and cushions :)

• I wonder how my Floyd and Zum Zum would have gotten along.

Floyd was pure “blue collar” whereas Zum Zum was aristocratic with the “common touch.”

• ting1984ting1984 Citizen
    edited December 2020

While I appreciate the welcome here from Isabella, it's apparent to me that the attitude still exists on sites like this that 1) women cannot be autistic 2) people with relationships cannot be autistic 3) people with autism cannot have faith because faith is "irrational." As a result, I see I'm not welcome on this site. Carry on with your male atheism and "real" autism, even though I'm clinically, professionally diagnosed. Clearly people here know more than the person who diagnosed me. Enjoy your incel tears.

FINAL EDIT: I was not treated civily here. Sheldon's posts questioned my autism, mocked my intelligence, and the mods didn't support me. The humor wasn't clear, the final post mocking my intelligence wasn't even humor -- he continued to doubt my diagnosis, I posted my diagnostic test results, they were removed by the mods. I tried everything. Isabella inviting me was a mistake. The mods here are against me, and I will warn all future theists that they will have their diagnosis and intelligence questioned and mocked by Sheldon, and it will be allowed to happen.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Can you use the flag feature please Ting, to report the offending posts.

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen

You are welcome on this site. Can you please flag the posts in question?

Amity is a woman who is autistic in a relationship. There are several women on this site.

People can have disagreements but we ask them to be civil.

• @ting1984 said:
    While I appreciate the welcome here from Isabella, it's apparent to me that the attitude still exists on sites like this that 1) women cannot be autistic 2) people with relationships cannot be autistic 3) people with autism cannot have faith because faith is "irrational." As a result, I see I'm not welcome on this site. Carry on with your male atheism and "real" autism, even though I'm clinically, professionally diagnosed. Clearly people here know more than the person who diagnosed me. Enjoy your incel tears.

FINAL EDIT: I was not treated civily here. Sheldon's posts questioned my autism, mocked my intelligence, and the mods didn't support me. The humor wasn't clear, the final post mocking my intelligence wasn't even humor -- he continued to doubt my diagnosis, I posted my diagnostic test results, they were removed by the mods. I tried everything. Isabella inviting me was a mistake. The mods here are against me, and I will warn all future theists that they will have their diagnosis and intelligence questioned and mocked by Sheldon, and it will be allowed to happen.

-I never questioned your autism.
    -I never mocked your intelligence. Very intelligent people can be religious, but I see it as an emotional need, not a rational one. It is a personal belief. We are all entitled to our to live our lives they way we want, assuming it doesn't negatively affect others. I value diversity and freedom of thought. To each their own.
    -I wasn't joking when I said I see religion as being an emotional/irrational philosophy, hence, no emojis.

We are all entitled to our own opinion. 😎