Homeβ€Ί Introductions

Hello all,

Hello to anyone who sacrificed some of their valuable time in order to read this.

I'll keep it brief, not being a fan of introductions (textual or otherwise), so as not to bore anyone (although I'm guessing I've interacted with at least some potential readers of this post on other, related sites, and so they would have an idea of who I am).

I'm an Aussie who was diagnosed (Aspergers) in my mid-late 30's, so have had an interesting experience growing up - good enough to appear "normal" but not knowing why I wasn't "normal", and since then have started becoming more "comfortable" being me, rather than trying to fit in, which my wife doesn't always appreciate. We also have a teenage daughter (diagnosed on the border between ASD 1 and 2).

My main hobbies are computer games (PC) and collecting\building Lego (and certain compatible brands) models, but I have a few side interests as well.

I'll leave it at that, not being a fan of talking about myself, but can provide further information as\when required and provided it is "comfortable" for me to do so.

Comments

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Welcome to the forum!

• Thank you....I much prefer having the ability to sneak in and hide at the back, but felt I'd take a risk and post here.

• Welcome to Neurovoice, Brictoria!

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen

WelcomeπŸ™‚

• Thank you...Looks like trying to sneak in and hide isn't working out too well :)

• SheldonSheldon Citizen
    edited November 2020

@Brictoria said:
    Hello to anyone who sacrificed some of their valuable time in order to read this.

I know a Brictoria on the other site.
    I sent him the link to here.
    A bit of a coincidence that you chose the same handle.
    I am sure you two will get along. πŸ™ƒ

• Welcome, it's good to see you here πŸ™‚

• I wonder if he got the link?

It's nice to see some familiar, friendly names (and people) here, too.

• Hi Brictoria. Great introduction. Glad to have you with us.

• Nice to be here...I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that impartiality (or, more specifically, anything other than a fixed opinion) is not wanted at a previous site, so it's nice to have somewhere friendly to go to.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Welcome Brictoria

Im glad you were interested in joining us, well we are attempting something different here, more peer orientated power sharing, something sustainable and predictable.

• @Brictoria said:
    Nice to be here...I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that impartiality (or, more specifically, anything other than a fixed opinion) is not wanted at a previous site, so it's nice to have somewhere friendly to go to.

Curious how many seem to be coming to that very conclusion. Curious, indeed...πŸ€”

• TemTem Citizen

As if you could sneak in - really.

A big hello Brictoria 😁

• Thank you for the friendly welcome, everyone... It sounds like this will be a nice, new home.

• @Brictoria said:

I'll keep it brief, not being a fan of introductions (textual or otherwise), so as not to bore anyone (although I'm guessing I've interacted with at least some potential readers of this post on other, related sites, and so they would have an idea of who I am).

I'm an Aussie who was diagnosed (Aspergers) in my mid-late 30's, so have had an interesting experience growing up - good enough to appear "normal" but not knowing why I wasn't "normal", and since then have started becoming more "comfortable" being me, rather than trying to fit in, which my wife doesn't always appreciate. We also have a teenage daughter (diagnosed on the border between ASD 1 and 2).

My main hobbies are computer games (PC) and collecting\building Lego (and certain compatible brands) models, but I have a few side interests as well.

I'll leave it at that, not being a fan of talking about myself, but can provide further information as\when required and provided it is "comfortable" for me to do so.

Hi Bric! Really nice to see you!

• Thank you for the friendly welcome.

• @Brictoria said:
    Thank you for the friendly welcome, everyone... It sounds like this will be a nice, new home.

I go to both places.
    But then, my mom said I was special. πŸ˜‡

• I do have several online "homes" which I divide my time between...I've never been evicted from one, although I'm fairly sure there are certain members on an alternative place to here who wish I would do something to cause that to occur.

Fortunately, rule-breaking isn't something that appeals to me, nor is it something I find easy to even contemplating doing.

• Hi Brictoria! 😊
    Welcome to Neurovoice!

• @Isabella said:
    Hi Brictoria! 😊
    Welcome to Neurovoice!

Thank you...I'm slowly settling in, and looking forward to finding a new section to post in, rather than the "bug reports" I've been lurking in for the past few days.

• It seems you've brought with you a wealth of constructive knowledge about IT.

I look forward to seeing you in other discussions too!

• @Isabella said:
    It seems you've brought with you a wealth of constructive knowledge about IT.

I look forward to seeing you in other discussions too!

That's the problem with working in IT: You slowly learn where things can go wrong, so start looking for them.

On the plus side, it also means you can have an idea of what may have caused them, so you can make suggestions as to what caused the problem\potential fixes for it as well.

• Observation: Auties seem to be attracted to IT, disproportionately, imo. 😎

• @Sheldon said:
    Observation: Auties seem to be attracted to IT, disproportionately, imo. 😎

Well, while they lack decent voice recognition, we're safe from computers talking to us...And from them understanding what we say to them.

• @Brictoria said:
    I do have several online "homes" which I divide my time between...I've never been evicted from one, although I'm fairly sure there are certain members on an alternative place to here who wish I would do something to cause that to occur.

Fortunately, rule-breaking isn't something that appeals to me, nor is it something I find easy to even contemplating doing.

I always enjoy your posts Bric, you are not a crazy maker so that is refreshing, that makes you a trustworthy and pleasant online companion.

• @Teach51 said:

@Brictoria said:
    I do have several online "homes" which I divide my time between...I've never been evicted from one, although I'm fairly sure there are certain members on an alternative place to here who wish I would do something to cause that to occur.

I always enjoy your posts Bric, you are not a crazy maker so that is refreshing, that makes you a trustworthy and pleasant online companion.

Nicely put πŸ˜‚

And I agree, we never talked much, but I always enjoyed reading your posts too, Bric