Home Introductions

Hello Friends. I am Blaze

For those who don't know me already, I am an almost 67 year old aspie woman with no diagnosis but...when I read descriptions of adult women with autism, it fit me like a glove. Suddenly my life made sense. I work with people with developmental disabilities, but am hoping to retire soon. My deepest interests are wilderness canoeing and gardening. I am so pleased to see here some of the people I have been missing.

Comments

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Blaze I am so happy to see you here.

Refer to yourself as you please, be that self diagnosed or whatever you are comfortable with.

I hope you find this place to be the peer oriented experience we have been busy trying to build.

• glad you made it here, blazingstar :)

• I'm very happy to see you here, blaze, I missed you a lot 🙂

• Likewise. 🙂

Hi as well to Steve and to Amity, who invited me. Thank you!

• Welcome to Neurovoice, Blazingstar!

• Welcome, so nice to see you here.

• @Wolfram said:
    Welcome to Neurovoice, Blazingstar!

Hej, Wofram. Hur har du haft det? Blir det morkt i sverige?

April, good to see you too. Thank you for the welcome.

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen

Welocme🙂

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Hello! Welcome to the forum. :)

• @blazingstar said:
    For those who don't know me already, I am an almost 67 year old aspie woman with no diagnosis but...when I read descriptions of adult women with autism, it fit me like a glove. Suddenly my life made sense. I work with people with developmental disabilities, but am hoping to retire soon. My deepest interests are wilderness canoeing and gardening. I am so pleased to see here some of the people I have been missing.

Blaze !!!! ☺

• TemTem Citizen

Hello Blaze, welcome.

Nice to see you again.

• @blazingstar said:

@Wolfram said:

Man ska väl inte klaga, men ja. Solen gick ned kl. 15:30 idag.

Hoppas det är bra med dig. :)

• Hello again! 😎

• @Wolfram said:

@blazingstar said:

@Wolfram said:

Tack.

Jag menade inte att klaga.

For everyone else, I have an interest in Sweden because that is where my grandson and daughter-in-law live. And, incidentally, I have also canoed in Sweden. :-)

Tem, it is good to see you again, too.

And thank goodness Karamazov is here. Another plant person, whom I have missed. Hi Kar!

• Hi Blaze....I'm here, too!

• Blaze is a paragon of virtue. She's very interesting, She gives me the impression that she's a Renaissance Lady who is very modest.

• She's a fascinating persona of many facets, I agree.

• @blazingstar said:

@Wolfram said:

@blazingstar said:

@Wolfram said:

Tack.

Jag menade inte att klaga.

Didn't mean you, I meant me. It's a pretty common response to being asked how you are: "I shouldn't complain." :)

• ^Ah, a language misunderstanding. You did say "I" and I thought (how's this for aspie?) "me."

In America, we tend to say: "I can't complain." or just "can't complain."

Sweden is so beautiful and has such a great community culture, but also tolerant of privacy. I just can't get over the six months of darkness. I used to live in upstate New York, and there were something like 320 cloudy days per year. It was so depressing. Now I live where the sun shines brightly and it boosts my spirits every day to see so much blue sky.

• Good to see you Blaze. This place just got brighter.

• Kortie, you are so sweet. I tried to add a smiley, even a text smiley, but I have to demonstrate civility before I can smile.
    Looks like I can't even use carrots.
    SMILE

• And thanks also to Wulfnite.

I seem to be having trouble getting quotes posted. I guess I have to hurry up and demonstrate my civility.
    SMILE

• @blazingstar said:
    And thanks also to Wulfnite.

I seem to be having trouble getting quotes posted. I guess I have to hurry up and demonstrate my civility.
    SMILE

Some features are still under construction. You can go here https://neurovoice.org/categories/site-discussion
    to ask questions or report problems, Amity and verity are usually updating us with how things are going.

• And Teach! How did I miss Teach's post. Good to see you again, too.

• @Karamazov said:
    Hello again! 😎

K!!!! How are you love?❤ Blaze you know how much I love you,
    How are you?

• Quaker gardener/scientist/nurse = Renaissance Lady

• @Teach51 said:

@Karamazov said:
    Hello again! 😎

K!!!! How are you love?❤

Doing well thank you, yourself? 🙂

• Karamazov, please visit my gardening discussion! I need help with the rose I bought because you were so enthusiastic about roses. (Am I allowed to shill from my own thread?)

• @Karamazov said:

@Teach51 said:

@Karamazov said:
    Hello again! 😎

K!!!! How are you love?❤

Doing well thank you, yourself? 🙂

Not bad at all, all things considered☺

• @blazingstar said:
    ^Ah, a language misunderstanding. You did say "I" and I thought (how's this for aspie?) "me."

"Man" technically makes it a generalized statement; "One shouldn't complain." But in-context means the same thing.