Home Introductions

Another spaceship crash...

Hello,
I'm going by pigeon here, because I felt like using a different name than the one that I usually use on internet forums (elbowgrease). A friend led me here.
I haven't been terribly talkative lately, so I may not say much.
Diagnosed ASD (level 2) at 32. GAD, dysthymia, although I think alexithymia is far more accurate.
Cyclist, martial artist, guitarist, mechanic, sometimes buried in books for months on end. Currently in Northern California.

Comments

• Hello and welcome pigeon!!!

I'm so glad your spaceship crashed here, and I hope you'll find this is a place of refuge! I am also Level 2, and I have GAD and significant alexithymia. I used to be an avid mountain biker and I'm obsessed with books too! I still have family in California.

Take your time to read our posts and get to know us!

• Thank you Isabella.

• What are your favourite books? Do you have favourite authors or genres?

• I've been into scifi lately. I thought the James S.A. Corey books were great. Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett have been among my favourites for a long time. I also like wuxia novels. I kind of like grimdark (apparently). I haven't been reading much lately, partly because the library is mostly closed right now.
    I could list bunches of books and authors I like(d). It might be a long list, though.

• Hello and welcome! I love reading too, Terry Pratchett and wuxia included!

• Welcome to Neurovoice! You are free to say as much or as little as you want.

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Hi ya pigeon, its good to see you here, welcome 😊

• Welcome to the forum, pigeon!

(Another Terry Pratchett fan 😃)

• TemTem Citizen

A warm welcome pigeon.
    Pratchett is a fave of mine too.
    Neil Gaimon is looking like my next author to try out. I like some of the TV series based on his books.
    I think I have dark tendencies, why not?

• I warmly recommend Neil Gaiman, especially to Pratchett fans 🙂

• Thanks all.

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen

Welcome 🙂

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Hello and welcome to the forum!

• I will have to pigeon-hole him after a psychological assessment is done. 🤓

• Do you know Yankee Doodle Pigeon?

He is the unsung hero of a cartoon I used to watch as a kid called "Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines." He was the pigeon the Vulture Squadron tried to catch, but never succeeded.

• Yankee doodle pigeon might have been before my time.
    I thought I'd use a different name here than the one I've used on a bunch of other forums.
    I've always admired the "common" birds, pigeons, crows, ravens, sparrows. I think their ability to adapt is pretty remarkable, and underappreciated as a form of intelligence.

• Glad you joined us here. I once sold the same homing pigeon on eBay 27 times.

• That sounds like a pretty solid business plan.

• Hello Pigeon. I am glad you survived the crash. I hope to see more of you here. 😊