Home Introductions

Greetings!

JesterJimJesterJim Citizen
edited November 2020 in Introductions

Hello all

It’s nice to meet you all it’s quite exciting to see the site and can see it growing from here onwards WP was extremely under updated and it looks like this site will have more active participation from admin.

If I am not as active as others it is because of Covid 19 as am still having to work throughout.
(I cant wait for the end of this covid ordeal!!)

Before this year in my spare time I enjoy trying to keep fit through a combination of Walking,Yoga,Kickboxing.

(Been hard to keep such a routine this year)

I also love reading and spending time watching Netflix,Amazon in the little time I have in the early morning before work and afterwork in the evening.

Personal interests/ likes
History,
Rock music
Weird facts
Charity work
Books/Fanfiction
Survival building games

JesterJim out 👍

Comments

• Welcome, Jester Jim!

• BenderBender Citizen
    edited November 2020

Welcome to the forum, Jester Jim, nice avatar 🙂

• JesterJimJesterJim Citizen
    edited November 2020

Thanks

Nice to meet you all!

Is pretty early where I am is 6.30am and don't start work till 9am but I like to have a bit of time before I leave to relax and read.

Hope everyones morning/ evening/night is going well?

• All well over here, I've had a very productive week and been in a really good mood lately 🙂

How's stuff over there, is your country in quarantine?

• I hope you'll post some good rock music, and some of your favourite books.
    I like to do charity work as well.

Things are going OK for me, but in my life that's always relative. 🙃

What's your favourite thing about your job?

• @Bender said:
    All well over here, I've had a very productive week and been in a really good mood lately 🙂

Nice I honestly just cant wait for Christmas as have booked some time off work for two weeks or so I haven’t been that productive lately outside of work.

How's stuff over there, is your country in quarantine?

(Yeah we are in lockdown again but I have been working throughout them and am allowed to leave the house for work purposes as am classed as a key worker)

• @Isabella said:
    I hope you'll post some good rock music, and some of your favourite books.

(I will post some of my favourite bands at some point have been listening to Beartooth this morning haven’t listened to them for a little while.)

I like to do charity work as well.

(Me too)

Things are going OK for me, but in my life that's always relative. 🙃

(Things are alright for me but just wish I could have a few months to recharge as I find myself on edge of burnout from work my non autistic colleagues are also in the same boat and burnout in general is common in my sector tbh.)

>

What's your favourite thing about your job?
    ( Having a positive impact on peoples life’s and my colleagues )

What do you do in your spare time and are you on lockdown?

• @JesterJim said:

(Yeah we are in lockdown again but I have been working throughout them and am allowed to leave the house for work purposes as am classed as a key worker)

Are you happy with that or do you have safety concerns?

@JesterJim said:
    What do you do in your spare time and are you on lockdown?

Not in lockdown, but they closed restaurants and bars again - mostly everything else is still open.

I recently switched back to freelancing unrelated to Corona, so I'm working from home. I've had unusually high levels of energy this week so I got a lot of things done. For relaxation, I mostly like reading, listening to music and cooking.

• @JesterJim said:
    Hello all

It’s nice to meet you all

My suggestion is to give it some time and do a reassessment. 🙃

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

I'm interested to know some of the "weird facts" you mentioned.

• TemTem Citizen

Hello Jesterjim,

A warm welcome and happy to see you here.

Netflix and Amazon have some great stuff.

• Greetings JesterJim, and welcome to Neurovoice!

• Statest16Statest16 Citizen, Mentor

😎Welcome

• Hello and welcome!

• @Hylian said:

(I need to have a think about some as only a few come to mind as am still in the process of exiting work mode atm)

(1)National animal of Scotland is a unicorn 🦄

(2) The ancient Mayan civilisation used cocoa beans as currency/ money to buy and sell goods.

(3) Ireland used to have between 5-9 kingdoms each founded by different tribal groups and mostly run by dynasties going back to several hundred years BC and at one point before there conquest by England in 1600s the nobility in Ireland were the oldest continuous noble families in Europe.

(A little like game of thrones with high kings and feuding kingdoms with people going to war because such and such kidnapped there wife etc.)

• Are you happy with that or do you have safety concerns?

(Well I have had to have contact both at office /between traveling/ as well as with clients so am a bit on edge but nothing seems to have changed for me the past few months just that I cant do much after work or at the weekends which has been a bit crap and still have to WFH some days.)

Not in lockdown, but they closed restaurants and bars again - mostly everything else is still open.

I recently switched back to freelancing unrelated to Corona, so I'm working from home. I've had unusually high levels of energy this week so I got a lot of things done. For relaxation, I mostly like reading, listening to music and cooking.

(What kind of freelance do you do graphics design/software/website?)

(It’s mostly been reading and music for me these past few months.)

• HylianHylian Citizen, Mentor

@JesterJim said:

@Hylian said:

(I need to have a think about some as only a few come to mind as am still in the process of exiting work mode atm)

(1)National animal of Scotland is a unicorn 🦄

(2) The ancient Mayan civilisation used cocoa beans as currency/ money to buy and sell goods.

(3) Ireland used to have between 5-9 kingdoms each founded by different tribal groups and mostly run by dynasties going back to several hundred years BC and at one point before there conquest by England in 1600s the nobility in Ireland were the oldest continuous noble families in Europe.

(A little like game of thrones with high kings and feuding kingdoms with people going to war because such and such kidnapped there wife etc.)

Thank you for sharing! I didnt know those facts about the Mayans and Ireland. I'm probably going to look up more about that Ireland fact later.

• @Tem said:
    Hello Jesterjim,

A warm welcome and happy to see you here.

( Thanks)
    Netflix and Amazon have some great stuff.

( Started to watch House of Cards again and getting back into it but watched quite a lot of other stuff this year any recommendations?)

• verityverity Administrator, Citizen
    edited November 2020

Welcome aboard🙂

• AmityAmity Administrator, Citizen

Hi Jester Jim, it's good to see you here 😊
    I hope you are getting the time to look after yourself too.

• I'm a Jester, too. I serve as a Court Jester where I work ; - )

The Jesters were also a doo-wopp group back in the 50s.